What primer with Retumbo

bahabill

Thanks in advance
I've done quick searches but a lot old results.

Need to use RETUMBO instead of RL26 due too running low on RL26 and wanna save the rest. Have 10lbs of retumbo.

Gonna do load work up and just don't wanna waist my precious primers only having 500 each of the 210m and Cci 200

6.5 prc round
ADG brass
Eld-x bullet
RETUMBO powder
And cci200 or fed 210m primers.

What you think guys ??

I am starting a whole new load development starting with ladder test and seating depth. Just wondering which primer people had better luck with

Thats a line up of components I have used with great success - maybe try ELD-M's if you want. FED-210M are great

I'm pretty sure I will be in the minority category here but, I prefer CCI over Federal. Make no mistake, I will gladly use either one. I have a brick of WLR primers but have not tried them. I'm using Remington 9 1/2 primers for fire forming

I'll bring this up here. I come across "Ginex L.R. Primers this morning. I don't know anything about them. Could get in 5000 lots, but at about $600.00. On the high side of things. Or maybe I slow of dumb about these primers. I am generally a Fed primer man.

I'm pretty sure I will be in the minority category here but, I prefer CCI over Federal. Make no mistake, I will gladly use either one. I have a brick of WLR primers but have not tried them. I'm using Remington 9 1/2 primers for fire forming
I have a few loads where I have found the BR2's to produce better accuracy and/or ES over the 210M's. I keep both brands on hand for this reason. As Lance noted, I have also experienced the 210m's to be a bit hotter then the BR2's. This is also the case comparing the small rifle BR4's to the 205M's. The BR2/BR4's are cleaner burning, leaving no carbon film in the primer pockets…only a slight yellowish discoloration. Given equal performance, I will generally use the CCI primers for my competition loads and the Federals for hunting.

I'll bring this up here. I come across "Ginex L.R. Primers this morning. I don't know anything about them. Could get in 5000 lots, but at about $600.00. On the high side of things. Or maybe I slow of dumb about these primers. I am generally a Fed primer man.
Definitely on the high side, gun broker like. When LGS gets them in, and they do on occasion. There about $80 out the door. All the primers on gun broker are coming from gun stores with owners seeing $ signs.

Definitely on the high side, gun broker like. When LGS gets them in, and they do on occasion. There about $80 out the door. All the primers on gun broker are coming from gun stores with owners seeing $ signs.
I would say so too. Just wondering if anybody have used the Ginex Primers? I never seen them until today or this morning.