What primer with Retumbo

Thanks in advance
I've done quick searches but a lot old results.

Need to use RETUMBO instead of RL26 due too running low on RL26 and wanna save the rest. Have 10lbs of retumbo.

Gonna do load work up and just don't wanna waist my precious primers only having 500 each of the 210m and Cci 200

6.5 prc round
ADG brass
Eld-x bullet
RETUMBO powder
And cci200 or fed 210m primers.

What you think guys ??

Thanks guys… I will set up tonight and check it soon. Gonna be windy tomorrow for my day off so I'll have to wait….
Thanks TX out of curiousity what is the COAL and distance off lands. I found most ELDM I've bee using like fall between .050-.065 ish haven't done much with eldX lately

I'm in the exact same boat right now. Did a quick test before loading up a bunch of rounds for the NRL Hunter Match in Laramie, WY this last weekend. I found the CCIs produced much tighter spreads, but interestingly, the 210s produced quite a bit better accuracy (probably has more to do with keeping inside the node I was in previously than actual inherent accuracy since I've always shot 215s pretty much exclusively).

Really no true way to know without loading up a couple and testing it out, but I'm curious to hear your results.

I shoot a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC.
I did a test with CCI BR2 AND Fed. 210M. Same load for each . Using RL26, ADG brass and 156 Berger. The ES and SD were definitely lower with the Fed's. Velocities we basically the same . That's just one caliber and one rifle though. I've always used Fed 215 and 215M in all my 7 Rem mag, 300 win mag and 300 RUM's.

1st Choice; Fed 215M but I'm running very low
2nd Choice. Win LR Mag have more than Federal but not by much
3rd Choice . Rem LR Mag never used any yet!!! ( Life Boat ) for 2023
for the 270 Weatherby Mag, and the 300 Weatherby Mag

Thanks guys… I will set up tonight and check it soon. Gonna be windy tomorrow for my day off so I'll have to wait….
Thanks TX out of curiousity what is the COAL and distance off lands. I found most ELDM I've bee using like fall between .050-.065 ish haven't done much with eldX lately
2.950 w a bunch of jump (0.15) but it still shoots well

Depends on the amount of Retumbo and cartridge. BR2s if you have a stock of them for the 6.5X284 low ES & SD or Federal 215M if using in a Magnum Cartridge.
These days if you have BR-2s or Federal 215M you are a very luck reloader and should get good results in shooting with either primer and powders. Also lucky to have Retumbo or RE-26

Got 1200 215m
550 210m
500 cci200
4.5 lbs rl26
13lbs Retumbo
3 lbs h1000
1.5 h4350

I mostly shoot 6.5 prc for hunting and some fun
Shoot 300 prc for long out too 1000 yd for fun. Just got real expansive and hard to find component.s.
Got 200 134 classic hunter bergers too. Was possibly thinking them instead of 143 eldx but I have about 500 eldx .
My normal shot put here for cause deer is usually 300 to 800 yard being the furthest I'll shoot. Getting closer posses a hard challenge sometimes. Depends on the unit I get drawn for

Depends on the amount of Retumbo and cartridge. BR2s if you have a stock of them for the 6.5X284 low ES & SD or Federal 215M if using in a Magnum Cartridge.
These days if you have BR-2s or Federal 215M you are a very luck reloader and should get good results in shooting with either primer and powders. Also lucky to have Retumbo or RE-26
Ha ! 😉

While I prefer, and have mostly used LR primers(Fed210M, CCIBR2), I have had a few loads that I used Fed215M's. With Retumbo, I have found that the same velocity could be matched by backing off about .5grs(25-35FPS) of Retumbo in my 6.5x284's The choice between the standard and magnum primer can be used to optimize ES/SD, but with the exception of a couple of my loads/rifles, I have generally had lower ES with the Fed210's