7mm Rem. Mag.....what primer?

im told by a reloader friend that cci primers are so hard they can damage my firing pin ? what is the word here on that ?
Found no problem with my pins. 7mm rem mag, 243 win, 22-250, 270, 30 06, 380. These are my guns I use them in. 7 yrs of use and still going. If he had a problem with his firing pin he needs to send the gun back to the maker. He has more problems than he may know or he is using a snap cap way to much.

when im working up loads for ANY mag rifle my first try is allways with fed match mags. Ive just had better luck with them then any other primer. If i cant find accuracy with them and its rare i cant then i start trying others. Maybe if it was a bench gun that was only going to be used at the same temps all the time id try standard primers with the big cases but my guns are hunting guns not paper punchers and they are used in temps from -10 to +90 and ill take that little bit better ignition over a .1 of an inch in group size anyday.

For what its worth, in my 280AI I am using federal 215M primers and retumbo powder pushing 160gr accubonds, with 64gr of powder I am getting just over 3000fps. I had tried WLR primers and got into a bad batch so I switched back to federal primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts