Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
300WM 10lb rifle is about my max. It's not a range gun but does need time spent with to get comfortable.
I always find sound to be worse than recoil on boomers, so I double up protection whenever possible. Once the trigger breaks it's over before I can think about it. Stay focused on the target and don't expect your brother to punch you in the shoulder. Nothing like preparing by playing "flinch" with your family/friends.

This past weekend I was load testing my 338 wm and slug testing my fx air rifle. The air rifle was more fun. And 40 rounds of 338 from prone with only a tshirt for padding left a decent red mark on my shoulder. The air rifle will get shot a thousand rounds or more this year along with my lighter recoil rifles. The 338 is tolerated for a purpose.

6.0 power stroke. (International) I've basically bullet proofed it.
With that engine the transmission will be a 5r110w a very good transmission. It doesn't have an actual valve body ( no bores to wear out with high valve modulation ) it uses solenoids controlled by the computer. My friends 2011 f250 super duty did the 300,000 mile maintenance last year. Only replaced her starter.

Recent Posts