Votes: 849 22.9%
  • 55-64

Votes: 810 21.9%
  • 65+

Votes: 313 8.4%

• Total voters
I'm older than dirt but slightly younger than Len.....:D

A bit of philosophy for ya.....

Take a tape measure and run it out to 100 and lock it.
Put your finger on your age.
Look back to 1 and think about all the time you wasted.
Look up toward 100 and realize you won't make it that far....

Make every minute you have left, COUNT.

I'm older than dirt but slightly younger than Len.....:D

A bit of philosophy for ya.....

Take a tape measure and run it out to 100 and lock it.
Put your finger on your age.
Look back to 1 and think about all the time you wasted.
Look up toward 100 and realize you won't make it that far....

Make every minute you have left, COUNT.

Sidecar, I'm older than you and ta heck with the tape measure . I just guestimate the range and shoot the target, missed a lot in my time, but so what , bolt in another round and squeeze off until your out of ammo.....:)

Sidecar, I'm older than you and ta heck with the tape measure . I just guestimate the range and shoot the target, missed a lot in my time, but so what , bolt in another round and squeeze off until your out of ammo.....:)

Hunter Bob and Sidecar. Nothing like a little philosophical discourse, to make you wonder whether or not to go to the range today. Since my scope on the X7vh 223 is
in for repairs. Shooting the 7mm is a little spendy.

I do have a 200 ft surveyors tape. I suppose I could pin down the loose end and stretch it all out. With all the happenings of the last 20 years, I would say it's
pragmatical to speculate reaching 100 on the tape or years of age. I think I will
sit in the shade and watch the show

Trapper 300 Rum,

Congratulations.

Well, it's neither up hill nor down hill from here. Life will be what you make it.
Stay as active as your health will allow. Tomorrow I am taking a week off and
will be gone fishing.

I'm a year plus older than when I posted (on this thread originally), but no wiser (just ask my wife).... I'm almost at the 65+ line.

Don't feel like it though (most days).....:)

I'm a year plus older than when I posted (on this thread originally), but no wiser (just ask my wife).... I'm almost at the 65+ line.

I'm 64 and retired from the auto collision industry . live in a quiet foothill of the mountains town called Twisp in Washington. Have a little ranch and do a little farming and horse packing in the high country and love guns. Was a gun dealer at one time but too much trouble. LRS is really neat. I've got a few rifles in that category but classify myself as a rookie. Shoot often including big bore pistols .Life is good and I feel great. Actually better than at 55 or so.

Howdy, Sidecar Flip,

64 going on 65 is a fine age. Are you among the Retired yet? I noticed a remarkable
reduction in my anxiety and stress levels, when I retired. Then one day without even looking I found the best company to work for. I devoted the next seven years to them. Retired again and bought a 10 acre farm out in the sticks.
Am I wiser?, I doubt it. I just try not to do dumb things. Like, I got up at 2:30 am,
took the truck and boat, drove 50 miles to a lake and went fishing. then came home and worked on the boat doing maintenance till 7:00 pm. 81 years old can be fun
if you don't worry about it. Wives always have a litany of things you should be doing.

Tinker Man,

You are right.

Went goose hunting yesterday, the ponds were frozen and the birds were
out in the open water and not flying. Walked a mile and a half wearing
chest waders and packing my shotgun through the high grass and cattails
and a mile and a half back. No shots but it was good to be out.