what is the best barrel for a .7mm rem mag?

If I was building custom rifle using a belted mag sized case, I would use a Surgeon 1086 Action. If I was using a RUM sized case, I would use a BAT HR action.

For a long range barrel for the Surgeon action, I would order a custom Palma style contour Krieger or Bartlein. The contour would have a 1 inch neck and an .820" muzzle diameter at 26-28", whatever you preference. I would order it with 8 flutes.

For the BAT action I would order the same barrel except with a 1.300" diameter breech instead of the standard 1.250" one.

With the palma style barrel, which weight would be the best? What will help best with accuracy and precision?

I'm not sure what you are wanting to know, I gave exact dimensions. The weight of a 28" blank will be about 5.75 pounds.

Oh yeah, okay sorry, I got it now! Thanks a lot! And thanks to everyone else for the advice as well! I really appreciate it

Right after supper I will try to get some pics up for you Edd. It fit perfect with no sanding even though the Benchmark version of the Sendero is a little beefier than the original.

i have a rem/ krieger. a bat would be awesome.

I have a BAT with a 28" Krieger (sender contour) on my 30/375 S.I. and it is a "bugholer"! If you are going custom action though, I would take a serious look at the new Lone Peak Arms Titanium Razor for $1275. You will save a lb. of weight or more. I am building a super light carry rifle on one in the next month or so. As far as barrels go, there are several good choices but I don't think you can ever go wrong with a krieger and you can often find one in stock somewhere.....Rich

Hopefully the pic comes through

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 271
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.