What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

I got my captain's license in 1999 and my wife at the time wanted to do something special for me. So she had personaized plates for my truck made. At the time Texas only allowed 6 digits. All the obvious captain stuff were already taken. She came up with a shortened version including my first initial.

Captn C

It stuck big time...I bet there are a bunch of people I chat with regularly who don't know my name! My dad calls me by that and totally quit using my real name.

OMT-my present wife doesn't know this story so don't leak it out! or else...gun)

I was a GameGetter but I had two wonderful daughters that took to hunting like fish to water and they kept drawing tags.
So, sitting around a campfire and talking about all the critters they have harvested and I had to Haul home.
I became the GameHauler.
Mike

A bunch of guys I used to work with (RSO's at a public shotgun range) eventually ended up meeting my parents and siblings. After meeting them, they said I was the only one in my family without a brain.

I have no idea why they thought that.

comfisherman

Its a difficult one. I am a third generation commercial fisherman. I bought my own boat when I was a senior in High school as an 18 year old hellian of a skipper I got a bit of a reputation around SW AK and they started calling me the Crazy Chignik Kid. Somehow that didn't seem like a good name for a board handle so I just go by comfisherman.

Captn C. What tonnage are you liscensed for. I just finished my big boat time and as soon as I sit for my radiography liscense its on to the 100 ton

well its a story i dont condone. me and a good buddy of mine were driving the old country back roads around where i grew up drinkin some cold beer when i was 17, yea i was underage and shouldnt have been driving but it was gravel roads and i didnt know any better, trust me i learned the consequences the really hard way.

well anyway i was dating this one girl a little bit and we drove past her dads house and stopped about a mile down the road to drain our tanks. while im on the road taking care of my business i hear a truck coming but theres no lights, well all of a sudden behind us truck lights kick on and we scramble for the truck and haul butt out of there. he chases us and a few miles farther i figure we might as well give up. This BIG SOB comes up to my pick up window and says ELMO???? thats what everyone called my dad, my last name is Elmenhorst. I told him who i was and he just breaks out laughing and tells us to get back to his house before he calls the cops. we follow him and a few beers later he tells us to get the hell home, i only lived a mile and a half away. well i got to know him more and he just started calling me Lerch and my boss at the time rented a house from him and it just stuck. i wasnt gonna argue with cause he said his first instinct was to just beat my tall @$$ in the bar ditch so i figured a crappy nickname was the better option. he always was a funny SOB!!!!!!

Kubota makes the RTV900. It's my favorite Utility Vehicle. The first forum I ever joined was a utility vehicle forum and that is how I picked the name.

Screen name

DevilDoc, who were you with? I too was a grunt corpsman. I served with Delta Co. 1/5 in 1969-70. James Webb, now a US senator from Va., was our skipper.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.