What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

Hesketh Pritchard was the first World War 1 Sniper the British Army ever had and his name is almost gone from everyones memory here in blighty so as a fitting tribute to him I try to keep it alive, plus I always try to aspire to his greatness but fail miserably.

HP

Born and raised in south west colorado, I have hunted and killed very many elk but any more i look for the big ones and I shoot a 300 RUM. So I just came up with elkstalker300. I dont kill as many anymore so hence the stalker

This is what I do most of the time. I also have an outfitting business as well as other odd ventures occasionally but ranching and hunting is what keeps me going.

When I was young I was teased by other kids because I looked like Howdy Dowdy. Later when I was living in Utah, I drew out on a once in a lifetime buffalo permit for the Henry Mountains and killed a huge bull. This was the first forum I joined and I needed a distinctive hunting name with a little humor in it. Buffalobob is a character from the old Howdy Dowdy show.

SUNDEVIL, is that the college that's in Tucson? i remember playing in a softball national championship out there once. when we weren't playing ball, we were shooting water balloons out the sliding doors at the college pukes. might have been the most fun i've ever had!

My mom and sis always said I was grumpy as a old bear. And I like the old Silvertip ammo by Winchester. I began onthe net as silvertip-pa in 1998, sort of an anniversary this month. Sadly after ten yrs on the net I am a bit bored with it so I just dont get on as much. I come here often and two other places and thats it. Woudl rather be hunting/shooting I guess.

When my son was a sophmore in high school his football team had the first winning season in decades. A bunch of Dads and players were sitting around one of the local ice cream/burger joints after watching "Goodfellas". The boys started giving everyone a Mafia nickname. I was Jimmy the Chain, because I was on the Chain Gang at the home football games. I shortened it to Chain. Some of the boys still call me Chain and that was 10 years ago. I was on the down box, no better place to watch small town high school football. Thanks

CSPSgt:

Retired 9 years ago after a quarter century of working for the State of Colorado. The road work was the most fun job I ever had. The office work :mad::mad:. Too young to stay home even if I can get social security so I'm now into Firmware-software testing and PC support at HP. They treat me nice because they know if they don't I'll retire again.

long ago

Sometime think about the screen names of our members. You'll find some pretty interesting ones. When I look at some of them I really have to ask myself..."Now, where in heck did that name come from?"

So let's hear your story! light bulb

Oh, and mine is too tricky to ever try to explain. ;)

I was a watchmaker hence the name "hammer mechanic". Bit of tongue in cheek humor. Regards...g

ISB

When I got married a couple of years ago my wife whom I first met while riding my Harley just getting back from Sturgis and that started it all off and the rest is history--been riding for 45 years and it finally happened. My wife calls me ISB--INCREDIBLE SEXY BIKER--it kinda stuck--that is my story

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts