What is your occupation?

Licensed state MD Master Plumber (30 yrs), I own my own business and have been doing it since I was 10 yrs old (helped my dad as a kid). I do mostly all commercial and Industrial work and a little solar thermal.
One thing about plumbing everyone needs it. You know the old saying hot on left cold on right, but a mechanic can make it run uphill.

If work ever gets slow, move to Indiana! You'll be swamped with work. Also some of the big name corporations around here scoop up every plumber (pipefitter) they can find. Pay them pretty good as well.
gary

But Then I won't be able to hunt with my rifles :)

you can hunt deer with a rifle in Indiana, but it must meet their rules of course. Shots are rarely longer than 250 yards anyway, and often shorter than 75 yards. You can deer hunt with a pistol that is larger than 6mm with a case length of 1.6" or shorter (I use a 30 Herrett). Varmit hunting is just like any other state (I use a .223, a 22-250, and a 6/250AI). Right now the round of choice for deer is a shortened .358 Winchester, but I have one in the works that will easilly beat that.
gary

Truck driver hauling crude and produced water around northern Alberta. I pull a unit called a super-b A 30 wheel unit. I haul 50 cubes oil and 40 cubes water. I see a lot of wild life since all my work is in the back country often on private lease roads. On any given day I see various moose, deer, elk, wolves, cougar, lynx(saw one yesterday), black and griz bear. They get to recognize my unit so where they bolt at the sight of a pickup they often ignore me entirely.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.