What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Len Backus, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Sometime think about the screen names of our members. You'll find some pretty interesting ones. When I look at some of them I really have to ask myself..."Now, where in heck did that name come from?"

So let's hear your story! light bulb

Oh, and mine is too tricky to ever try to explain. ;)

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

My parents came up with mine, I had very little input. I would have preferred something like '4ihalibut' or 'dave-u-&%^%' but that was not to be, they had little imagination. Some folks call me dave-u-&%^% but not to my face so much.

3. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Used to have a gun that fired a little round called the Mach V aka 375/50BMG....besides it sound kinda :cool:

.[​IMG]

4. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Wild_Bill

Hi all my name Wild_Bill is because my name is Bill and most think the things I dream up are wild and I generally don't take to much shit and when in the Australian Army I would get fairly full on and never want to give an edge.

Cheers Bill
    Australia

5. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

When I got onto LRH, I was hard into the 50 cal shooting and writing alot of articles for the FCSA. I thought the 50 cal was the end all for long range precision. I have since learned that is simply not true but they are certainly still fun to play with!!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

6. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

I like my dogs, and I like them game;)

7. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I spend the vast amount of my hunting time as a "Varmint Hunter", although I do hunt plenty of big game too.

I also post on some boards as "Charlie-NY", for obvious reasons. :>)

8. old bear

old bear Member

old bear

Years ago on our honeymoon in Yellostone park I had a exciting encounter with a BEAR. I have been interested in them but never killed one.Now we live in an area where bears are frequent visitors. We had one come down to investigate cooking chicken on the grill a couple of years ago after he had raided a neighbors chicken coop. He got about yards 20 from the deck before spooking of.

9. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

My screen name is the same as my vanity license plate. It reflects my convuluted thinking because my vehicle is a 4 X 4 and I also play golf. So using a play on words I came up with MT4XFore.

10. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

All right!....Yours is one I have specifically been wondering about. Mystery solved.

11. 1kstr

1kstr Well-Known Member

Although not much of one-yet. 1k shooter.

My goal this year for a prairie dog.

1kstr

12. shiredude

shiredude Writers Guild

nickname given to me by my buddies back in the day. they all still call me this too. The first half of my last name is Shire--- and they thought with dude on there it sounded cool. and it has stuck for about 12 years now.

13. Strick9

Strick9 Well-Known Member

Kuz people say crossing my friendship is kinda poisonous and my last name rhymes with it.

14. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Grew up in MO where we got $50 for a pair of coyote ears. Good many and lot around. We used dogs to run them and used CB radios to keep track and ahead of the coyotes and dogs. You had to have a CB handle back then with the license and mine was BountyHunter. Kept it ever since.

Burned out a barrel on a 6mm Rem and the 17 Rem killing coyotes and foxes for money.

BH