220 Swift
6mm BR
243 Winchester
6mm Remington
257 Roberts
257 Roberts AI
25-06
260 Remington
7mm STW (when they are out there a ways)
and last but not least the good old 30.06.

Closest shot is with the 5 iron kinda like playing polo from a golf cart. Catch a large chuck resting in the middle of the fairway and run them down!

Most chucks killed in a day was 250 plus on one 40 acre farm that was just infested.

Longest shot to date is 873 yards with the Sendero in 7mmSTW. Chuck was still tossed in the air a good 6 feet!

Mike.

I've killed varmints with everything in my arsenal including the 460Wby mag. The Hornady 300gr HP bullet @ 3,200 ft/s will do some interesting things to a groundhog, regardless of whether or not he is in the hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VH

A dead branch that I picked up. Chased him down on the school playground and beat him to death. I believe I was in the fourth grade at the time. Brought him home in a paper bag on the school bus. Roasted him up over an open fire and tried to eat him.

The treehuggers would have you locked up if you tried that today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Better to use a firearm while we still have them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

VH

Got one with a 4-wheeler two days ago. Got a fox the same day with the same 4-wheeler. Saw a bear but he wasn't in the road at the time and don't think I would have run him down. Have had numerous close calls with deer on the 4-wheeler but fortunately have not connected.

Stabbed one once with a sharpened stick, whacked one with canoe paddle....
Bow and arrow.....
22 LR
22 Mag
17 HMR
17 Rem
22-250
338 Lapua
50 BMG

and last but not least a 42,000,000 grain projectile- my truck!!!!! LOL!!!!!

A medium flat ROCK is my best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Shot at a hog in a cornfield (corn was about 12" tall) at about 500yds one day a few yrs ago.

couldnt tell if hit or not, and was short on time...so i ran to his hole WITHOUT my rifle to make better time, and found him about 10yds away from his hole, and i was standing on his hole.

He was very much alive and ****ed i was blocking his hole. for fun i picked up a dirt ball and threw at him to get him moving.

so he starts running towards me then does a 10' circle to my rear to try to come in the back...frantically looking for a rock as he is starting to go behind me, i found about a 3" round flat rock (would make a good skipping rock)

at the point i bend over to pick up the rock he is out of my view...i grab the rock and spin around while winding up and throwing it in one motion (like a murderous ballerina) and follow thru with the spin and throw...watching the stone connect with THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD!!

knocked the bugger out cold dead!

i was proud of my feat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JB

Re: 6mmBR.com has one of my rifles featured as a gun of the week

Nice #1. What kind of bases and rings you got on it. In particular I am interested in the rear extension ring. I have never seen one like that.

No rockchucks yet but got one of thier cosins with anhydous amonia while side dressing corn.Lifted the tines outa the ground to gass him but forgot the wind was directly behind me <font color="red">Real bad plan</font>
The 50BMG with spotter tracers works good but ya gota whatch out for the fire that it can create /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Re: 6mmBR.com has one of my rifles featured as a gun of the week

They are just Ruger set-backs. Should be able to get them from a local rep or Ruger.

Mike.

38 special,.222,.223,22-250, 25-06 for the 1K+ shots 1072yd for the first 1K and 1203yd for the back up.Old Bear

I killed a chuck this summer with a small 8 inch crecent rench when i was moving pipe in a pasture on the ranch i work on.
I also in one day killed two sage rat. Wonce again both were when moving pipe. The first one i didnt kill but the dog did. The stuipid thing thought it was safe in a main line pipe (we were moving from one field to another) and i told the dog to stand at the end of the pipe and started shaking. It turned out there was more then one in that pipe but i was only able to disloge one at that time and the dog got it without breaking a sweat. The secound one was in the field we were moving the pipe to and i was grab a pipe and there this sage rat was and i took my knife with out the blade out smaked it in the head with the handle of my knife. (I carry a gerber that has like a 4 inch blade so the handle it pretty big)
Besides that i have probably killed a chuck or two running a swather however i know i swathed a few sqeecks and mice etc, and unfortunetly some birds two. Thank god i have yet to swath a fown i know a number of guys that have.
I ve killed countless chuck and sqeecks with 22s and my trusty savage 223.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.