What gun would you want if the SHTF?

I'd grab my trusty Red Rider. I can easily carry 10,000 BB's
And that's A whole lot of eye's that I could shoot out.

Dang, this thread is HOW old????
Anyway...
Like others have said, it really comes down to what kind of **** hits how big of fan, but for most situations I would think a pair of .22s- a semi auto pistol and a good clip fed semi auto rifle with a good scope.
If you're going to have to be mobile, I would want two effective guns that share ammo. And especially since large amounts of .22 ammo is easy to pack and easy to conceal, a person could do well with a couple of .22s.
And a Howitzer.

Gov't estimates are not facts, neither are estimates and reports from groups and businesses who rely on illegals for their livelihood or just support them as a rule.

Agreed. We have seen repeatedly over the last 8 years that government "facts" were manipulated to support an agenda. If the the government enforced the laws, groups and business would have nothing to report about illegal workers.

Let me tell you how this really went down as I would be one to be in the know on this.

2000-2005:
Apprehensions across the United States for a Fiscal year ranged from as low as 931,000 to as high as 1,676,438.

Starting in 2004-2005, Bush authorized the a mass hiring of Border Patrol Agents that would bring numbers way way up to around 21,000 agents. During that time, Border Patrol Stations were fielding about 10 agents per shift in a lot of areas. After the mass hiring, the number of agents per shift were tripled and some quadrupled in numbers.

2006-2007:
These years are where numbers can be deceiving. In 2006, 1,089,092 apprehensions were made. If you look at it in reality, the number of illegal crossings went down because of the added man power. The only reason that apprehensions stayed around the same is because with the added manpower, the Border Patrol was apprehending more of the ones that crossed instead of them getting away which was happening ALOT when the Boder Patrol manpower was way down prior to 2005.

2008-present:
Obama takes office and the economy takes a big dump. Again here, numbers can be deceiving. During these years, numbers of apprehensions start to significantly go down as does the manpower of the Border Patrol. One would think that since the manpower is going down that more people would try to cross illegally as it would be easier for them to get away but it hasn't happened. In 2008, when the economy took a dump, the numbers of apprehensions went way way down but we still had double the manpower so the Boder Patrol was still catching a lot of the illegals that crossed. Why the low numbers of people crossing with the same amount of manpower? Because the economy was crap and no one was hiring illegals to work in the U.S. or hiring anyone for that matter. So if they can't come and work to get money to send back home then why come at all. So that's what they did, most didn't cross. Think of smuggling as a business. If there are no customers to smuggle, then you are going to go out of business. So smugglers packed up and did something else.

The numbers are just now starting to creep back up as the economy is improving slowly and businesses are starting to hire again. So you see, it's not Obama who did all of this. It was the economy affecting the flow of illegal immigration. Obama has actually been releasing illegals into this country that the Border Patrol has been apprehending for sometime now.

Just thought I would explain all of this so there was no misinformation.

Stats you say?
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...ly Apps by Sector and Area, FY2000-FY2016.pdf

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2016-Oct/BP Staffing FY1992-FY2016.pdf

Oh and count me in for wanting a AR and a Shotgun for the fan stuff.

Heym-Ad.jpg

I'll have to stick with what I own at first and pray that some of you guys are near my part of TN with the backup.

270win A bolt
Mini 14 with some 20rd clips
CZ P01 9mm
870 12gauge
Savage MarkII 22lr

That should have me covered for almost anything near and far plus the 22 for getting a quick snack here and there.

My most important weapon though. I big effing machete. Because if it really gets that bad, I'll run out of bullets before it ends. A huge knife on the other hand will do work for years. My side out town would look like a scene from 300. lol

I like how 1 weapon turned into a complete gun safe contents.

Anyways, I would like to have a M24A4{338 Lapua),
And team up with a buddy who can spot and carries a M16,(awesome out to 500)

If allowed a side arm,would be Spring Field XDS 9mm with laser.

seems this thread is about zombies right ? well what l have seen and learnt from movies and stuff is those zombie dudes are terribly slow and bloody stupid and cant eaven pick up anything to hit you with. so l would Show em WHO is boss with a GOOD OLD FASHİONED SWORD ...!!!!!! no ammo problems to worry about either. and if one of them stupid things manage to accidently bite me, l just turn in to one of them and dont have to worry about them eating me ever again. LOL
But if the thread is about not just zombies but those creepy GHOSTs and stuff that l have watched in scarey movies then l woudnt dare mess with those guys as thay bloody scare me :O

This is gonna sound crazy but my two SHTF guns would be the Hi-point 9mm and the SKS. Why? Simply because no matter how much I want to hate them they are in rounds that are likely to be found and have never failed to go bang!
Good thing there are plenty of handier guns to use in the safe!

Personally I would have an AR that I was very familiar with with replacement parts if available. I would also focus on having a ton of ammo or as much as I could possibly carry or stash. It would be suppressed of course. I would also have a 10/22 suppressed with as much ammo as I could stash as well.

depends, if I needed to be mobile-338 laupa, it will take any north american game at just about any distance I can see yet light enough to move around with. If I had a hill top post, 416 barret ;-)gun)

depends, if I needed to be mobile-338 laupa, it will take any north american game at just about any distance I can see yet light enough to move around with. If I had a hill top post, 416 barret ;-)gun)

That's right, why let them get close.

"If you heard the shot, you weren't the target"

1. Styer AUG in 5.56 NATO (THE gun of all the others)
2. Benelli M1 12 ga.
3. Glock 17

But for $hits and giggles I like:
1. FN PS90 (50 round mags and virtually no recoil)
2. my Ruger 96/22 mag lever gun (Just **** fun to shoot and zombies would lose.)

As a backup perhaps my .308 Savage 99 C, THE most durable lever gun ever made.

But as that insane IRISHMADMAN said, "...why let them get close?" In that case my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle with Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 scope would keep "them" well behind 500 yards.

Recent Posts