What gun would you want if the SHTF?

Scar-17 and a 1-6x24 Vortex Razor
Either of my M1 A's and one of my 5.25" Springfield XDM's on the side, probably one of the .40's.

I knew I'd like the XDM's as soon as I handled the first one and they have proven to be amazingly reliable. I changed out the "weak links" that were known in the factory models before they ever failed and they have all be flawless for me through several thousand rounds through each of them.

I'd take a suppressed 10/22 with some good 25 rd mags. Like somebody else said, keeping a low profile would be key to survival!

I'd take a suppressed 10/22 with some good 25 rd mags. Like somebody else said, keeping a low profile would be key to survival!

2000 rds of 22lr is something a man can carry. 2000 rds of 338 Lapua? Ugh.

I was thinking AR but a quiet 22lr would probably be more sensible. And a 22lr on humans is pretty much a 250 yd kinda rig which would cover a lot of America.

2000 rds of 22lr is something a man can carry. 2000 rds of 338 Lapua? Ugh.

I was thinking AR but a quiet 22lr would probably be more sensible. And a 22lr on humans is pretty much a 250 yd kinda rig which would cover a lot of America.

How about one of these... :cool:

Soon as they pass the HPA, I'm ordering one of their new Ti versions...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOSLSknTIFM[/ame]

Either of my M1 A's and one of my 5.25" Springfield XDM's on the side, probably one of the .40's.

I knew I'd like the XDM's as soon as I handled the first one and they have proven to be amazingly reliable. I changed out the "weak links" that were known in the factory models before they ever failed and they have all be flawless for me through several thousand rounds through each of them.

Maybe not a Scar having thought about it. I do think I'd want a 308? Maybe just go Ar-15 of some sort I do like the BCM REECE KMR rifle and pack a big bore upper along with it? Pistols eh, don't mess with them enough to know what I like. M&P 9 would probably be good I like my M&P22.

Maybe not a Scar having thought about it. I do think I'd want a 308? Maybe just go Ar-15 of some sort I do like the BCM REECE KMR rifle and pack a big bore upper along with it? Pistols eh, don't mess with them enough to know what I like. M&P 9 would probably be good I like my M&P22.
The M1A is like my favorite horses, old, ugly, completely reliable anytime, anywhere. The US military has tried getting rid of the platform since the early days of Vietnam because of weight and recoil but they have remained a favorite in the special op's community. I have both them and AR's and I just can't let the M1A's go.

I have a lot of limitations with my left arm/shoulder due to multiple injuries so shooting off hand, unsupported with a rifle is an absolute last resort so I'd rather have a handgun up close.

We had more Mexicans invading under both Bushes & Reagan than under Obama. Actually, current estimates are that there is the lowest level of illegal immigration now of the last 30 years. Facts aren't always what people expect them to be.

what is the source of your information? CNN? I remember a couple of years ago when the media ran a story about how many children were pouring across the southern border. Essentially saying it was so easy to cross that even children can do it, at lest that's how I took it. Not trying to start an argument with you but I bet someone who works on the border would tell you differently.

We had more Mexicans invading under both Bushes & Reagan than under Obama. Actually, current estimates are that there is the lowest level of illegal immigration now of the last 30 years. Facts aren't always what people expect them to be.
Gov't estimates are not facts, neither are estimates and reports from groups and businesses who rely on illegals for their livelihood or just support them as a rule.