What do you want to get better at in 2017???

Ernie

SPONSOR
I am a pistol guy, even though I own and shoot rifles fairly well.
It is probably a given among us to have several different handguns or rifles we would like to purchase in 2017.
But what would you like to achieve in your shooting skill set in the next year?
Do you set improvement goals?
Whether it is improving your presentation, offhand shooting or tightening your groups from the kneeling position, how do you plan on going about and making those improvements?
Maybe there is some gear that you want to buy in this next year that will help you with those personal challenges ... what accessories do you plan to add in the next year?
We typically see, I'm gonna buy this new handgun or I'm going to go hunting in this location for next year.
What do you want to get better at in terms of handgunning and or with rifles??? Whether it be match shooting, hunting, varminting, steel, SD, or even general plinking...
Do you have friendly challenges among your buddies, reaching certain goals or meeting certain challenges in terms of handgun in any type? Rifle or carbine shooting?
What do you want to get better at?
What are you willing to do to make it happen?

I need to improve my spotter skills, and do more quality reloading. With the kids it seems like quantity rules. Also we have a new range with long range targets, so getting out more is a goal.

I want to spend more time shooting in the wind. Almost all of my shooting is for testing or load development, so we try to get good conditions to shoot in. I can shoot pretty well in good conditions but the wind crushes my confidence and shortens the range I am willing to hunt.

Steve

My goal is to improve the quality of my reloading. I've reloaded for years, but since joining this forum I've discovered how little I really know. Plan on purchasing better equipment to reload with and hopefully learn how to use it.

Reading the wind and reloading. Most of my reloads have been quantity pistol loads so I'd like to get better at rifle reloads.

Oddly enough none of my goals have nothing to do with shooting skill itself.
My goal is balance between work and fun life..
Maybe finally get relationship crap figured out
Take better care of myself
And maybe build a custom rifle

Oddly enough none of my goals have nothing to do with shooting skill itself.
My goal is balance between work and fun life..
Take better care of myself
And maybe build a custom rifle

That is my day job skillset.
I'm easy to get a hold of.
E

Take it from me... a relationship is never figured out. If you're not working at growing it, it's going the other way unfortunately.

I've always been a good shot with most firearms, be it handguns or rifles. It's just something that has come natural to me I guess. Doesn't matter if it's open sights or a scope. I've always had this voice in the back of my mind that says "Why don't you stop goofing around a get serious about one of these shooting disciplines to see what you can really do?"

Although that may not happen for me in 2017... reference my first paragraph.

I'm going after the Extreme longrange shooting and hunting sub forum.
I have been to 1100 yards a few times, I do t feel it's enough to start posting in it.
Also I'm going to start spending some time with a gunsmith friend to learn more about the lathe...

I plan on spending more time shooting in the wind improving my skills. Spending more time at home with my family and more time in the field. Working 1000 miles from home for three weeks out of the month doesn't help.
Getting in better shape! Trying to keep up with a recently dicharged Marine at 8000-11500ft elk hunting is rough to say the least.
Good luck to all in 2017

My goal for this year is to be confident to take game at 800yds before my trip out west in the beginning of October. Of course this means a lot of practice reading the wind as many have already said, but part of the equation here will be finally getting my 400yd range set up out back so I can shoot my .223 out to 400yds all summer vs. only being able to shoot at distance when the crops are down.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.