What do you think they should get?

I live in Eastern Nebraska, and this is the first I've heard of this. I have mixed feelings. If they honestly did not know it was illegal, and they were going to eat it, I'm not terribly upset. However, they were trespassing, and that bothers me. The status of the Bald Eagle in our country makes me feel bad. I am also one who advocates for MUCH harsher penalties for poaching. I don't think we are even close to tough enough on poachers. Ignorance of the law is a poor excuse, but it can be real. As long as these two have SOME sort of punishment, I am satisfied. If neighbor Bubba shot an Eagle for sport, I'd have little to no mercy!

I've helped FRIENDS haul their deer and elk out for many years. I'd help you just because of your age 😆 and I have a new bionic knee ! I don't know about 30+ loads of Mammoth meat tho....🤔

Thanks for the generous offer! I think that we may be off the hook for some time…..she's living in Ft Worth!

Now about the Mammoth….. Stay close to the phone! 😉 memtb

Be interesting to see if they get the same fine as this guy did.
Does that news story actually report what his fine was after he was convicted? Just couldn't find it there, seems to be multiple cases of individual illegally killing these type birds,unreal!

Does that news story actually report what his fine was after he was convicted? Just couldn't find it there, seems to be multiple cases of individual illegally killing these type birds,unreal!

Nope. Federal authorities wouldn't even return the Sherriff's calls. I believe it was confirmed they were illegals too. Nebraska couldn't charge them with a felony, only misdemeanors. Bear in mind, a young man I've been mentoring for almost 6 years is Hispanic. Legal, born here. Hard worker, scary smart, solid character. So going after those two doesn't fit the liberal narrative, which is fine....if and only if, they apply that mentality to everyone. I have a problem with anyone that believes there are two sets of rules, full stop. Sticking with air dropping them over Honduras, chutes are optional. Any and all liberals can follow them down.

Nope. Federal authorities wouldn't even return the Sherriff's calls. I believe it was confirmed they were illegals too. Nebraska couldn't charge them with a felony, only misdemeanors. Bear in mind, a young man I've been mentoring for almost 6 years is Hispanic. Legal, born here. Hard worker, scary smart, solid character. So going after those two doesn't fit the liberal narrative, which is fine....if and only if, they apply that mentality to everyone. I have a problem with anyone that believes there are two sets of rules, full stop. Sticking with air dropping them over Honduras, chutes are optional. Any and all liberals can follow them down.
Looked like an air rifle in their car, oh well swingNamiss. There's probably a standing order for those birds, like a catalytic converter/meth addict/scrapyards. They know the connections. Just need to combine, Zero morals, no accountability , a monetary reward, with a known market. One a these guys are there to fill the demand, just bunch of no good bleepN bleeprs

Last edited:
The bald eagle is somewhat thriving in Alaska, yes. But they are not in the lower 48. And most of them are being poisoned by several substances including lead. Along with many other animal species. If you reject the pulished data, then do you own research and make your own conclusions.
I wasn't going to waste my time researching it, Here in Utah there are tons of Eagles, Both Bald and Golden, They soar over my house everday, And you better keep an eye on "Snowball and FiFi" Because they are on the menu! Eagles around here are constantly getting hit by cars as they come in for prey on roadways. I wasn't going to waste my time proving you wrong because they are all over the place here in Utah, But @3chester quoted an article that states Quote:

"Following the ban of DDT in 1972 and wider recognition of humanity's environmental impacts through the 1960s and 1970s, bald eagle populations began to recover. In 1997, the FWS announced bald eagles could be removed from the endangered species list, instead being labeled as threatened. In 2007, their status as a threatened species was removed, as well.

More recently, a 2021 update from the FWS announced that 2019 surveys found the species had made a remarkable recovery, quadrupling since 2007, with nearly 314,000 individual bald eagles."

What goes for one, goes for all!

Thats not even enough for one drumstick per illegal.
Pretty sure the, " we shot it for food", is a standard get out of jail free card/answer, for these kind of guys. They weren't intending to eat that eagle. There is no doubt a standing order price or bounty on these birds to some buyers. The DNR or F&G would probably have knowledge of.who buys them and how much they sell for.

Pretty sure the, " we shot it for food", is a standard get out of jail free card/answer, for these kind of guys. They weren't intending to eat that eagle. There is no doubt a standing order price or bounty on these birds to some buyers. The DNR or F&G would probably have knowledge of.who buys them and how much they sell for.

Agreed. The "we didn't know it was illegal" is b.s. as well. Every country in the world has laws and regulations on the taking of animals. You don't get a pass just because you can't be bothered with asking around.