What do you hunt with?

Here is SC, I use a 30-06, a 45-70 Marlin, and a Hand Cannon!
I like my Taurus Raging Bull 454!

The hogs hate it!

rickhog1.jpg

where we hunt its shotgun only, so i use my 1187, mod choke, 7/8 oz sluggers, and a red dot scope. hits em real hard! this set up is also surprisingly accurate. when i take my boys, i bring my 22wmr. loaded with 40 gn jhp. aim for just behind the ear E

Always looking for exciting ways to shoot hogs.

[ame=http://youtu.be/Yz9QtHdjXT8]machine - YouTube[/ame]

yea i thought he got away too when i saw him run like that. if you play it frame by frame you can see blood on his back leg just as he comes out of the dust cloud before he runs behind the tee post. he took several hits in the ham and one in the gut quartering away. the gut shot was enough to stop him about a hundred yards away.

that was a 30 round mag, so there were a lot more shots fired than you would think from the sound. even if every shot had missed, it was pretty fun trying it. you can't aim at all with that much movement, but the hogs was only 35 yards away so it was certainly doable.

yea i thought he got away too when i saw him run like that. if you play it frame by frame you can see blood on his back leg just as he comes out of the dust cloud before he runs behind the tee post. he took several hits in the ham and one in the gut quartering away. the gut shot was enough to stop him about a hundred yards away.

that was a 30 round mag, so there were a lot more shots fired than you would think from the sound. even if every shot had missed, it was pretty fun trying it. you can't aim at all with that much movement, but the hogs was only 35 yards away so it was certainly doable.

Im more a fan of the one shot one kill approach to be honest haha

I too am a proponent of the one shot, one kill philosophy… for game animals. One shot is usually all you get! For hogs, however, I have heard that sometimes multiple shot opportunities may exist.

nvhogs2.JPG

That's purely academic of course, as I probably read it on the internet somewhere. Surely no one has the ability to rack up double digit kills at one time…

10.JPG

14.JPG

comm1a.JPG

groupa.JPG

rich3a.JPG

unless... ummm... unless you're the most interesting man in the world!

djpig.jpg

I too am a proponent of the one shot, one kill philosophy… for game animals. One shot is usually all you get! For hogs, however, I have heard that sometimes multiple shot opportunities may exist.

nvhogs2.JPG

That's purely academic of course, as I probably read it on the internet somewhere. Surely no one has the ability to rack up double digit kills at one time…

10.JPG

14.JPG

comm1a.JPG

groupa.JPG

rich3a.JPG

unless... ummm... unless you're the most interesting man in the world!

djpig.jpg

haha thats some pretty impressive tallies. I shot 5 pigs a month back with 5 shots but I was pretty lucky I would say

here are some big hogs. sometimes i get a little excited and the trigger finger isn't as steady as it should be. it wouldn't bother me at all if i had to empty a magazine to bring them down.

big1.JPG

big2.JPG

big3.JPG

big4.JPG

big5.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.