What do you guys think of this???????

"I could hit 100% of those target to 1000 yards in high wind, with rain and fog, looking straight into the sunset", said me NEVER.

NOW, to 600 yards, 100% for sure. NOT

I would find it very interesting to repeat that challenge myself but I am very aware I would not have great results. I don't think in my prime I would have done great but I am curious how I would fair.
Another and probably the hardest part of the challenge.......is where the HELLO do you find 100 milk jugs...after setting up 1000 lbs/ 100 jugs....I'd have to come back three days later...when I stopped shaking!

You are not wrong, thank you for stating the obvious! On that same token, folks who disagree have every right to voice their thoughts. The Headline to this thread is
"What do you guys think?" Included was Backfire's video, which opens the conversation up to more than shooting jugs out to 600 yards.

Interestingly, you posted a video of a Pastor discussing how CNC machining saved Titan's life. Was it the machine that saved his life or was it his willingness to surrender & commit his life to God & Jesus???? Glorifying a material object over God & our Lord & Savior Jesus is baffling. Just watched the testimony & the common theme was fighting/boxing for $$$, working the CNC Machine for $$$….his problems were still prevalent & progressively got worse because he associated money with solving his problems. He glorified $$$ over God & Jesus. When he was considering ending his life he was blaming God & Jesus for his downfalls. God & Jesus do not want us to fail or go through hardships in life. However, it is easy for people to consistently blame others for their downfalls in life instead of taking accountability for the poor choices they make.

My Pastor discusses all of these topics on a regular basis because a lot of folks have a hard time letting go of the past & accepting that when we are saved the things of the past are gone & all things moving forward are new. I see this on a regular basis with folks who find salvation, get baptized but choose to walk the same walk from before being saved. Yet, they wonder why their lives are always in shambles. Going to Church & Tithing is a great experience but it will not solve life's problem's. Reading the Bible is a good way to educate ourselves, however if we never implement the information that we comprehend from the good book then we have gained nothing. Doing good works is a nice thing to do but it will not solve life's problems. These things are forms of religious sinning. If we do not surrender & commit wholeheartedly to God & Jesus, make the Holy Spirit the priority followed by our marriage & family…..we will fail 10 times out of 10. What we do outside the walls of our place of worship is far more impactful to our lives & those that we surround ourselves with, than what we do on Sundays for 90 minutes.

Ya'll have a blessed day! 😎🙏🏼
Not saying this in a condescinding way, but you need to go back and rewatch the video.
That was not a pastor. That was Titan giving his testimony. He admits he wasn't sold out for his savior. I think you missed the entire point of the video.
At 33:00 he starts the part where he went back into prison to help and teach inmates so they can better themselves. He has started up programs to help kids learn CNC. He is giving to others so they might avoid pitfalls he had to endure. He was the speaker at a national Wardens convention. Giving not taking.
My OPINION of this entire saga is that Satan did everything he could to keep Titan nocked down in life because he knew how powerful his testimony could be to others. What would Job's story be like if we could hear him tell it? We read it from a book in 30 minutes and are so happy it has a great ending, but we can't comprehend losing EVERYTHING. I bet Job himself would say it was excruciating and almost unbearable, but he continued to worship. No matter what happened to Titan he continued to seek.

38:00 through 41:00 is the wrap up of how he can now see how all of the journey was what it was going to take to get him and Gods plan to mesh as one. Even if you are a non-beleiver Titans story is amazing.

Sorry to get WAY off topic on this thread. I haven't seen Titans video in several years but it resurfaced.

Don't look at me. My best groups are done with a hole punch on the reloading bench.
Not me Red....I'm a little more crafty about it...I take all the targets so everyone can see them...and write their names on them infront of everyone.... then I send all the boys to set-up at the shooting bench while I hang the Targets with their names on them at 500 yards......then I hole punch mine...!!!

Another and probably the hardest part of the challenge.......is where the HELLO do you find 100 milk jugs...after setting up 1000 lbs/ 100 jugs....I'd have to come back three days later...when I stopped shaking!
I had the exact same thought. 🤣 Mainly cause I wanted to go out and bust 100 of them at 600 and closer. LOL Lotta work to fill and load and set up that many.

Holy thread drift batman....

Making me wish I was the guy getting scope bit.

Admittedly didn't fully finish the video as it's a toss up between listening to a blue haired hefalump explain pronouns and watching guntubers.... well except Jerry Miculek...

When the guy dressed as a bass pro shopper meme whipped out his rifle and scoped himself it could have stopped at that point.

Moral of the story to me is to get out and practice, far easier to sit here and scroll through new pieces and parts then to drive a few hrs to go put lead on steel. This video was another reminder to go burn more powder in a mindful and useful way.

I'd like to see more of this. This guy is just a regular guy. He thought he was nuts to 600. It is likely due to lots of internet time and not enough shooting time.

Lots of guys shoot a 0.25" group at 100 yds and consider themselves 0.25 moa shooters. I shoot enough to know that I am not a 0.08" shooter, but I have shot a 0.08" group from my 300 WSM. ….Oddly troubleshooting a load issue causing 1.5-2.0" groups.

I also shoot enough to know that my regular 0.75" groups off a heavy bench and rest don't translate to 0.75 moa at 600 yds. Oddly, I find I'm only like 1.5 moa off a tripod clamped in on a good day.

All this said, I know when I add in ranging error, wind estimation, and my real results, I would not make the claim Mike the Marine made.

I do hear others on here talk about amazing shooting and amazing products. I would love to see them apply their trade. I'm sure I could learn a thing or 2. For now, I'll keep practicing.

That said, with under 5 mph wind, I hope I would do better!

A lot of folks are cringing at the whole idea of the video... remember the guy did it willingly and with a great spirit. I don't think he was taking himself too seriously. I think is it cool as heck that Backfire took him up on it and that he took the challenge. A lot..... of folks would not have shown up for the challenge. A lot.... of folks would have made a ton of excuses. It was not intended to a be super realistic hunting challenge. Backfire said he did not believe anyone could hit 100/100 targets from ranges between 100 and 600 yds on a separate video. The guy said that he could, along with several others. I am not a Marine. And other Marines may not agree, but at least give this Marine credit for showing up, not making excuses, and staying positive in the face of adversity. I don't think the guy thought he could hit all targets. I do think he thought he would be better than he did. But I believe the guy when he said he mainly did it to meet Jim and be on his channel, which I think is awesome. I agree with many of you that said the challenge needs refinement. But I would like the see the series in some format continue. I agree with others it would be awesome to see some of the other Youtubers take the challenge. It would be awesome for some of the members here to take on the challenge. Not the identical challenge, but something similar. I do think it is interesting to see how many criticize Backfire for putting out very successful content. It is like a lot of content it is intended to spark discussion and debate and raise awareness that a lot of us (myself included) don't have any business shooting at critters (other than pigs) beyond 300 to 500 maybe 600 yds. For those of you who have not realized this "everything on YouTube is clickbait." It is designed to get clicks. That is how it works. That is how Youtube and the content creators make money.