What do you guys think of this???????

As for competition (PRS, F class, etc.) sure some guys might hit every target. Someone posted on thread I made about F class percent of shots hitting the MOA ring at 1 MOA ring that in almost every match, someone puts all 20 into that 10" ring at 1000 yards. True, but no one does it every time at every match that I am aware of. Take a large enough group of great shooters, and someone is going to perform remarkably well, just like some stock pickers beat the S&P 500. But do they do that at every single match?
There have been 12 perfect scores (60 shots inside the 1 moa ten ring) shot at 1000yrds that I'm aware of......7 of those scores were by 3 guys...Tim Vaught-3...Doug Skogman-2...Norm Harrold-2.....nobody in fclass shoots clean every time. Even at 600yrds it's impossible to shoot clean everytime.

There have been 12 perfect scores (60 shots inside the 1 moa ten ring) shot at 1000yrds that I'm aware of......7 of those scores were by 3 guys...Tim Vaught-3...Doug Skogman-2...Norm Harrold-2.....nobody in fclass shoots clean every time. Even at 600yrds it's impossible to shoot clean everytime.
Wow! This really puts it into perspective. Thanks for sharing this information.

He should have bought my "Carbon Radian Ball TriPod" that I have posted in the Classifieds and used it.
They should have set this shooting course challenge up at a PRS Range. You have to shoot in all different positions, off of all different rests at all different ranges. Before PRS came out we used to shoot at a course that had animal look alike targets at all different yardage and had to shoot off of all different positions found in the real-life woods. Rocks, trees, logs, back packs, tripods, bipods, sitting, prone, standing. Then those ranges started competition and the PRS was born.

Thats the way ALL businesses in a free society work. Pick whatever gun, scope, trigger, you like and the companies that make those all produce content that is "biased and opinion based". Chevy vs Ford. As far as, "his antics are neither entertaining nor funny", is this an opinion based statement?

Yes we do live in a clown world. A world where clowns can make a living if they can get people to watch. I am glad we do! Freedom rules! Here are two other videos that will show the type of stuff I have watched on youtube some of it is funny sometimes, some of it is dumb(my opinion). Some of it shows the awe inspiring America we live in. When I made this post I just wondered what people thought about shooting jugs out to 600.

Love him or hate him....... Whistlin Diesel....

THIS VIDEO IS AN AWESOME SHOW OF WHAT YOU CAN BECOME IN AMERICA...EVEN AN EX-CON...

You are not wrong, thank you for stating the obvious! On that same token, folks who disagree have every right to voice their thoughts. The Headline to this thread is
"What do you guys think?" Included was Backfire's video, which opens the conversation up to more than shooting jugs out to 600 yards.

Interestingly, you posted a video of a Pastor discussing how CNC machining saved Titan's life. Was it the machine that saved his life or was it his willingness to surrender & commit his life to God & Jesus???? Glorifying a material object over God & our Lord & Savior Jesus is baffling. Just watched the testimony & the common theme was fighting/boxing for $$$, working the CNC Machine for $$$….his problems were still prevalent & progressively got worse because he associated money with solving his problems. He glorified $$$ over God & Jesus. When he was considering ending his life he was blaming God & Jesus for his downfalls. God & Jesus do not want us to fail or go through hardships in life. However, it is easy for people to consistently blame others for their downfalls in life instead of taking accountability for the poor choices they make.

My Pastor discusses all of these topics on a regular basis because a lot of folks have a hard time letting go of the past & accepting that when we are saved the things of the past are gone & all things moving forward are new. I see this on a regular basis with folks who find salvation, get baptized but choose to walk the same walk from before being saved. Yet, they wonder why their lives are always in shambles. Going to Church & Tithing is a great experience but it will not solve life's problem's. Reading the Bible is a good way to educate ourselves, however if we never implement the information that we comprehend from the good book then we have gained nothing. Doing good works is a nice thing to do but it will not solve life's problems. These things are forms of religious sinning. If we do not surrender & commit wholeheartedly to God & Jesus, make the Holy Spirit the priority followed by our marriage & family…..we will fail 10 times out of 10. What we do outside the walls of our place of worship is far more impactful to our lives & those that we surround ourselves with, than what we do on Sundays for 90 minutes.

Ya'll have a blessed day! 😎🙏🏼

^^^^ This times 10. Getting the distance right is critical. When I watched the video it reminded me that knowing how to use your reticle and a simple math formula to calculate the distance to the target is critical. Don't get me wrong a range finder is handy. But in instances where the range finder is unable to give a definitive distance, using the reticle to calculate the range to the target as confirmation is essential. It also reinforces how subtle changes in the wind or topography can affect your shot. I have tried shooting out to 500 and 600 in 20 mph gusts to plus 30 full-value wind conditions. Boy was that humbling. For now, I will not shoot at critters at those distances in those wind conditions. Kudos to Backfire for putting this content out there and kudos to the guy who was willing to be filmed. Boy, that 300 win mag was beating him up! I cant' image shooting a lightweight 300 win mag 100 times in one day! I hope to heck he keeps going with this series or something similar.
Reticle ranging is certainly not as popular as it once was, in that sweet spot of time when range finders weren't common place but Horus reticles and similar were in every scope out there.

Back in 2011-2012 I worked at a sporting goods store, and about once a month ended up trying to explain to folks how to use a reticle for ranging a target. Assuming you can estimate the target size, it's not hard to do. Some folks really took to it, some would stare at me blankly and then waddle over to the rangefinder counter and pick one out. I still try to practice measuring a targets with my reticle every time i shoot, as well as estimating target size, making a range estimate, then verifying with a range finder. It comes pretty quickly eventually, until you get cocky and realize how much atmospherics play into estimating target size.

"I could hit 100% of those target to 1000 yards in high wind, with rain and fog, looking straight into the sunset", said me NEVER.

NOW, to 600 yards, 100% for sure. NOT

I would find it very interesting to repeat that challenge myself but I am very aware I would not have great results. I don't think in my prime I would have done great but I am curious how I would fair.
Well when I was young I was shooting a 300-win mag with no brake or bi-pod, I used to sight in at 400 yards off my backpack or from the ground, and I would stop after 30-40 rounds. I knew if I kept going my shooting would probably degrade. Plus didn't want to burn that much ammo. Now that I am older when I go to the range I typically I take a few rifles because it is over an hour a way to shoot past 100 yards. So I take a 375 Ruger, 338-win mag, 300-win mag, to verify zero, would shoot 15 rounds of each, 5 at 100, 5 at 200 and 5 at 300 yards for each rifle. I may shoot more depending on how I feel, knowing I need to shoot the Ruger more, to get some practice in. But sometimes I just don't at my age. All my guns run brakes now, shoot off of bipods or tripods a rear bag when applicable(off a bench). I still feel it in my bad neck after a magnum session. Now with my 2 Creedmoor's and my 7 PRC when I take them, I will shoot more rounds with them. I still do not shoot more than 60-70 rounds. A 100 rounds is the most I have ever shot a Creedmoor in a session. My 223/5.56 I can shoot a lot more for fun but don't consider this a big game rifle.

From a hunting perspective I don't believe the challenge is realistic, as when I hunt I will go for one shot, 2,3 if I f'd it up. In the video I am unsure how much he let his barrel cool between shot groups. The other thing that is hard to tell is how long did he shoot for and in what time frame.

So a younger guy shooting 100 rounds with no brake on 300-win mag, maybe he shoots and feels no fatigue. But to me this is not a real-life hunting scenario challenge. For hunting purposes I practice at what my distance limit is for taking game trying to practice cold bore shots. The farthest range back then was 600-700 yards. Now the top range distance is 300 yards, so by default that is where my range limit is, when I find a longer one will extend out again. My two cents, I give the guy credit for trying to do it.