What do u think I should do? I need a new project!

Ok so new scenario to induce some critical thinking skills. U are at the ol' Walmart's getting some vittles! U get your stuff and come outside, suddenly al'jabar tightpants (Jihad) scoops u up. Ol' Remmy700 is the only redneck with shooting skills in the area that happens to have his tikka with him while taking pics of birds posted 500 meters out on top of the local kohl's (while his wife is shopping). He has a freshly zeroed simmonz pro hunter scope on his new tikka build! What caliber do u hope it's chambered in to save your ---??
Save my *** from jihadis? No question about it, .300 Blackout.

But, on a serious note, if it was me doing it before I injured my neck tjis year, I would do another 7saum. But after the injury, might do a 6CM (Custom Match).

I say go with the .22 Creedmoor. I have one with a .22" barrel on a Tikka and shoot the 77 TMK. It shoots way better than I thought it would at distance. Plan to build another with a 16.5 barrel for 62 TTSX for my fur rifle.

I don't know much about Tikka actions but I have heard some are a medium action.
If it is This would be a perfect excuse to build a 6mm Ackley Improved or a 260 Ackley Improved ( throated correctly for 140+ gr bullets.)

Tikka only has 1 action, from 223 to the win mags, you can just change the bolt stop and run the appropriate mag, pretty good system really

I say go with the .22 Creedmoor. I have one with a .22" barrel on a Tikka and shoot the 77 TMK. It shoots way better than I thought it would at distance. Plan to build another with a 16.5 barrel for 62 TTSX for my fur rifle.
Creedmoor case has no horsepower!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.