What digital scale would you choose?

vitaminado

I can choose between these 3 scales.
All are used, but are in good condition.
They are all at the same price

-Sartorius cp224s: 0.0001g
-Ohaus explorer pro ep64: 0.0001g
-Ohaus ar1530: 0.001g
Do you think a precision of 0.0001g is needed?

or I buy a new A&D fx120i?

For 99.999% of shooters Dillon is plenty. With almost any of the ones you have listed, I think you're going down a rabbit hole. 1/10th of a grain is .06g. More precision than .001g is unlikely to be helpful and often makes the scale so touchy and sensitive to environmental issues that they eventually become debris on the shelf of misfit reloading tools.

I REALLY like my fx120i paired with auto trickler v3. I don't have an auto throw set up yet, I just use a table spoon measuring unit to dump in initial charge and let the trickler finish it off.

Man I love my A&D fx120i with AutoTrickler!!
.02gn accuracy. Depending on what powder you're using, that's significantly less than one kernel of powder. So unless you plan to cut kernels in half, .02gn is more than enough.
DD900F23-4A78-45EA-8EE8-7117715834C5.jpeg

Switching from a chargemaster back in the day which back then thought was the cats meow to an A&D Fx120i was night and day difference. The real eye opener is throwing charges on the chargemaster and then weighing them on the A&D. If you are coming from something with a +/- .1 resolution you are going to see improvements if all your other brass preparation is on point. If you are coming from some other scale that is similar resolution to the A&D .02 resolution no so much. Controlling neck tension and reliable and accurate powder charge is the biggest influences on SD IMHO and the A&D keeps my loads in the very low single digit SDs with proper load work to find those nodes of coarse.

Never messed with one but if it has had Scott't treatment I am sure its accurate. I throw initial charge right now with chargemaster lite at .1 under target weight and then I step over to A&D and trickle up with a dandy trickler. The setup up top by odoylerules is prolly the fastest and most accurate way with running an A&D.

^^^^^This^^^^^
I saved up and bought one a couple months ago. Wish I had done it a lot sooner.
Have you seen accuracy gain?
What have you improved on?
I really just want to improve my es, sd numbers and know that the weight of powder is always the same.
I know that the precision is many variables and I want to eliminate all the possible ones.

What have you improved on?
Have definitely seen a reduction in SD/ES numbers AND greater consistency in how my loads perform on paper. The A&D does not drift so your charges will be about as consistent as you could ever get them. After you get/use the A&D you can be sure that charge inconsistencies IS NOT your problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.