Digital Scale

I'm looking for recommendations for a good reliable digital scale. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I own three Pacts, and with one exception have ran perfect from the get go. The one exception was a software issue, and the folks at Pact helped me reboot it over the phone. Then a couple hours later they called me to see if all was well. I got my first one when they first came out. It was an RCBS built by Pact. Ran perfect, but was stolen. I replaced it with a new Pact (identical except for the color). Then came into a second one in a trade. Later I bought a BBK to use at the range.
gary

GEMPRO 250 Precision - this scale is good to 0.02 grains.

It is also not as susceptible to electrical interference as the normal reloading scales. I am presently using the scale directly under a florescent light. Can't do that with the regular powder scales.

You can accurately weigh your charges down to 1 piece of stick powder. So your 7mm handloads loads are good to 69.50 grains +/-0.02grains of H1000. 1 stick of H1000 weighs approximately 0.02grains.

Kind of like gunsmiths building rifles to 0.0001 tolerances ...

Last edited:
have you ever checked your charges with an accurate scale?

when I first got my RCBS electronic scale, I was kind of wanting to know just how accurate it was. I took it into work and checked it against a $10K lab grade scale. Then took it into a temp controlled room where all the scales are checked. Same results. I saw roughly .002 error. Then when I got the new one I did the same test with the same results.

We used quite a few Ohaus 304 scales out on the work floor to calibrate balancers, and used them in the tool room to make bob weights for balancing gas turbine wheels. All sorts of odd ball numbers were called out (you've never seen or heard anything like a gas turbine wheel set exploding!) These scales were checked with the one in the lab every three months, and the same thing in the tool room. We switched over to the Pact scales in the tool room and never regretted it.

I personally cannot see all that much advantage is weighing powder to .005 grain. The case volume will vary more than .05 grain in volume. I know the vast majority of us are perfectionist, but there's little we can do to control volume. Yet I suppose that if we only used one case and just kept reloading it that would be important.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.