digital scale

robert j

good morning . I have a horndy lock and load digital powder measure. when I through a charge .then remove the pan the powder jumps out of the trickle tube and on to the Pantene. found that my 27.0 charge was really 26.0. had a hard time keeping the 27.0 charge . if I brush off the powder from the Pantene its seems that I am just chasing the kernels all over the place. if I remove the Pantene then I found kernels down in side the hole where the stem of the Pantene goes I believe its called the cell, hall cell etc. use can air to blow it out now I don't trust the 150 rounds that were loaded before I found this all out. any way to keep the powder where its supposed to be not where it wants to go. is this static electricity . your help would be greatly appreciated. Robert j.

wipe everything on it down with dryer sheet.
find plastic straw (mcdonalds?) that just fits in end of drop tube
just a short piece works, keeps "kernals" from flowing so fast
be very careful cleaning around load cell

There are a couple of contributing factors to your "drizzle" problem. First, if you bump the feed tube with the pan when you remove it from the scale you'll get a few granules of powder on the Pantene. Got to watch for that. Splling a granule here and there in transorting the measured load from the Panttene to the funnel can also drop a granule or two. Watch closely every time you move the pan and if you drop a granuel or two you can simply blow it away with your breath. I'd avoid using high pressure air. A vacuum will pull just about anything you drop that runs beneath the Pantene.
Just be gentle (she said that too :cool:
As for the loads. Dump 'em and start over. It's not that big a task.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.