what bullets for 338 LM

53A35248-6AEB-4774-9DFB-7165FC285C78.png

I got a couple spots I could show you around I couldn't zoom in anymore and fit them on the screen those are only 4 of the management areas

Well, I was exageraing. This is Texas after all. But there is a story of one over 1000 taken near san antonio.
And Ken Holyoke in Georgia was a fish farmer that supposedly killed 1000 pounder that they called hogzilla but it was proven to be slightly smaller

My neighbor is from the Philippines and he offered to cook one for me if I would shoot it. I told him it was doing more good eating the dandelions out of my lawn that it would on my dining table. No thanks.

Not to get back to the main topic ..as I'm injoying the posts !!
But in all 6 of my 338's I run the 300 gr berger , cci mag 250 primers and H-1000.
They range from 2803 ft.per.sec to 2884 ft.per.sec. they are Amazing on Spring Bear and not to bad at 1244 yards on my Fall Elk .
I have spent countless hrs in loading and shooting the 338 's ..
So far three in the same hole at 100 yrds.
Smacked a Milk Jug at a Mile , rang steel at 2053 yrds and my personal best ...26 3/4" group on a 36" steel target at 3027 yards .

After reading all the post above I'm seriously thinking about some Michigan whitetail hunting with the 338 Edge !
Best of Luck in finding your loads in the 338 !

Rum Man

Thanks for all the answers. If I didnt pick your answer then it was because I couldnt find it.....decent excuse.....
Based on the above and other threads in this list , my first loads will be Peterson brass (that's what is left over from the ARM factory stuff I already have), Federal #215 primers (had to buy 2,000 because small quantities were out of stock everywhere), 250 grain Berger elite bullets and whatever powder I can find. Was looking for H1000 but everywhere I look its out of stock. Its going to be pot-luck on the powder.
Thanks again for the valuable input.

I would try Re-33 or Nv-570 if you can get your hands on that .
I have been told Re-33 would give me more speed but with my 55 moa base and the 200 min. Valdada adj.base I'm happy with the H-1000.
Rum Man

I would try Re-33 or Nv-570 if you can get your hands on that .
I have been told Re-33 would give me more speed but with my 55 moa base and the 200 min. Valdada adj.base I'm happy with the H-1000.
Rum Man

sorry for another sidetrack .

your adj base , does it mount on top of another picatinny base ? have you had any problems with it ? thanks Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.