Herters .338 LM?

Loganh83

Cabelas has this stuff for sale at $36 per box which is about the going rate for Sellier and Bellot 338 Lm. It's also made it C. Republic. Is it the same as Sellier and Bellot? Has anyone reloaded it and to what end? Sorry if this topic has already been discussed but the search function is screwy using my phone.

Just foundd the herters bullets attract a magnet but S&B does not. Mostly concerned about whether the brass is the same and anyone's experience reloading it or S&B 338lm brass.

I don't know about the 338 ammo, but the 223 stuff Cabellas was peddling from Herters wasn't impressive looking enough to even buy a box to try at dang near give away prices. They are running a good name through the mud a bit if you ask me.

I would save your money for some Lapua brass.
I don't know about the 338 but the 223 is not to
good.

Just foundd the herters bullets attract a magnet but S&B does not. Mostly concerned about whether the brass is the same and anyone's experience reloading it or S&B 338lm brass.

I just picked up 100 rounds from Cabelas after they confirmed that these are loaded with 250gr SMK's. Checked them with a magnet when I got home and they are non-magnetic. The only difference I can see with S&B is the brass head stamp. I don't have a rifle yet so can not comment on the performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.