Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Ross

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mathews

Votes: 186 31.5%

• Total voters
Ihave had almost every bow in your list, currently have bowtech, allegance, guardian and I WANT the newest one

I've got a mathews monster xlr8 and love it. I have owned and shot all of the top name bows over the last four years and this bow is by far my favorite. I have the dis-pleasure of one of my good friends owning an outdoor store so I've tried all the major brands and they all make very good forgiving bows.

Nathan

First hunting bow was a Mathews Switchback killed a couple deer with it then my eyes were opened and i bought a PSE X FORCE and love it now the mathews is just collecting dust.

I shoot APA Innovations bows. I have been a staff shooter for this Canadian company for 3 years plus. I currently am shooting the King Cobras, a 2007 Mamba X1 and a 2009 Viper. Previously I have shot for Hoyt and also enjoyed many other manufacturers offerings such as Mathews, Pse, Jennings, Martin etc

I did shoot a Bowtech, but my buddies started calling me ''slow-bow'' cause I only shot between 243-247fps at 70#'s. Traded it off for a C-Z Canvasback 12 ga o/u.
Now im bowless, but if i were to get another, Id go Bowtech again, or the new Mathewes

I purchased a Martin Cheetah, late last summer and am very happy with its' performance. I was deciding between the Bengal and the Cheetah, which the only difference is the ATA lengths...and I chose the shorter 30" Cheetah. I've never owned this short of a bow and it has worked out very well.

Last fall I shot both of my deer in October. :) A 10 pt. buck with a 15" inside spread that weighed 230 lbs., on Columbus Day (Oct. 12th) and then on the last day of the month I shot a nice doe that was about 4 1/2 yrs. old and 180 lbs.

This bow will shoot 3" groups with field tips and broadheads, at 50 yards. I used a Razor Trick on the buck and a Fuse Banshee on the doe.
Yep...I like the bow...it works and it works well! :cool:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
CornFieldBuck.jpg

DoeD.jpg

I used to shoot a HCA Iron Mace, but I traded it for a Weatherby Vangaurd .300 WBY MAG. I shoot a 2009 Mathews Monster. Kinda wished I had the Iron Mace back. IT was just a little smoother and faster than my Monster.

I shot Alpine for years, it helps that they make them right here in town. Then I made the mistake of picking up and shooting a Mathews Switchback. Best bow I have ever shot. Been shooting it for 4 years now and just can't find a reason to get a new one.

I'm using a Mathews DXT set @ 70lbs. Shooting Gold Tip 7595's with 100gr rage 2 & 3 blades. Only been shooting a bow for 1 year now & plan to get a whitetail & some hogs this year.

I just got a bowtech 82nd airborne and just got done setting it up. It should be a whole lot faster than my old bow and I was grouping about 4-5" at 50-60 yards. I'm pumped to see what this bow will do!

Still shooting the same MQ32 I bought in 2000. I hunt, shoot 3D and I've shot 300 league with it. Great bow and hangs in there with the guys toting their brand new equipment around to the 3D matches. There are a lot of great bows on the market but I don't see any need to replace it.

Have been through several bow brands after 30 + years of bow hunting. Last three have been Mathews. MQ2 then Switchback. Had a few extra dollars and bought the new Mathews Z7 this spring. Best bow I have ever shot, bar none.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.