well I bought it..

sigep538

I bought a model 700 BDL with a bell and carlson stock in 7mm rem to day. with Redfield mounts I put a 3x9x40 nikon buckmaster scope. It was a little to windy so I only shot at 25 yards (dead on at 25 is supposed to be dead on at 200 right) and ended up with 3 bullets in the same hole. I am going to go ahead and call this one a keeper for now it seemed to really like the 150gr balistic tip factory stuff. one concern is that 5 inches from the tip of the forearm the stock gets tight and can no longer fit a piece of paper between it. I havent had a chance to shoot at 100 and 200 yet but it worries me a little. should I take some fine sandpaper and channel it out a little??

Thanks Sigep538

Good deal. I love my Rem 700 BDL in 7mm RM. I have tested 5 different bullets so far and every single one of them has shot .75" or better at 100 yards. 4 of the bullets have shot .5" or better at 100 yards. I'm not to sure about the dead on at 25 is dead on at 200 deal though. I dont think thats recomended for a sight in. None of the rifles I've owned have ever been bedded or free floated except for 1. I have never had the need to I guess. I wouldn't worry about it to much unless your rifle is not grouping. If its grouping from the factory, dont mess with it.

Heres a pic of my Rem 700 BDL in 7 RM. Its factory except for a Holland QD brake and the factory triggers been worked down to 2.5#. Rings/base is Leupolds permanent weaver cross slot base. Scope is a VX3 LR series 6.5-20x50, 30mm tube, Side Focus, fine duplex. This rifle has proven very accurate with 4 different bullets so far. Will be playing with the 175g ULD RBBT/H1000 very soon. Heres a pic of the first bullet and loads tried out of the rifle. 168g VLD/RL-22. 64g was the winner giving a .3" group and 2940fps. Took my buck with it at 618 yards. A high shoulder shot did the trick. Hope you enjoy your new 7mm as much as I have!

40ayu7c.jpg

33dff5z.jpg

I know I believe that is where it is suposed to rise above the line of sight first. I will defnitly be shooting @ 100 and 200 before I call her sighted in. My dad has a reloading bench and a pet load pushing a 140 serria gameking that i plan on trying. another thing i noticed is that it has a 24 inch barrel the crown looks very good, is this factory of was a 26 inch barrel cut 2 inches. Any ways I really like the rifle and recoil is very mild.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.