Should I brake it?

I was concerned with that... The most important thing to be is prevention of muzzle rise so that I can spot my own shots...

I think I have narrowed it down to Kirby's PainKiller or the Center Shot Muscle Brake.

I cant wait to get my barrel, I am going to be sooo happy the day it arrives....

Bigngreen,

I was hoping to fit a brake on a new 270wsm build that I was going to start very soon. My reasons are due to to shoulder injuries that are catching up to me. I can't handle recoil like I used to. Is there any reason in particular why he didn't suggest one on your 270?

Thanks,

jb

Looking at about the same situation as the OP, I've narrowed my choices down between the 260 and a 6.5 Creedmoor, and i want a brake on mine as well. Anymore comments on a good break would be appreciated

Looking at about the same situation as the OP, I've narrowed my choices down between the 260 and a 6.5 Creedmoor, and i want a brake on mine as well. Anymore comments on a good break would be appreciated

Here's a couple more to add on the list of choices ...

JPenterpriseBennieCooley.jpg

Bennie Cooley by JP Enterprise

brake1.jpg

SSG (Straight Shot Gunsmithing)

Good luck.

Ed

I shoot a brake on my 338/378. There is very little felt recoil. As for noise, I say what noise. I wear a set of electronic ear muffs that cancels out loud noise above 85db. They also amplify soft sounds like normal conversation or a deer getting up out of its bed and bounding off 75 yards away. I would not be without them either on the range or in the field hunting. I have an 85% high frequency neuro sensory hearing loss from 20 years military and Harleys. My set just happen to be Pro Ears. There are many different brands on the market and they all work. No excuse for not using a brake on any hard kicking rifle. There are just too many advantages. Of course you need to be mindful of others hearing and be aware of who is standing where and how close. Of course we all do that anyway when shooting any firearm no matter if it is wearing a brake or not.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.