Weatherby rifles

I know you were messin' with me. I will make sure I know what I paid for the gun, and if I was way off, I will let you know. But I remember being surprised when the dealer quoted me the price. I would not have paid more than about $1400 for it; I didn't want it that badly. I am reasonably sure it was in the 12's somewhere. My wife keeps all our receipts, so she will have it somewhere. If I cannot prove differently, we will assume I paid what I said I paid for it. One correction: I bought a box of 50 new cases. I cannot account for one case...I probably left it on the bench or lost it somewhere. I think I said I had two boxes of 20, but obviously, since I have more than that, I did not. I was wrong about how often the gun has been fired. It has been fired 15 times, not 10. I do not have any empty, unfired brass. I have 33 never fired but loaded cartridges with four different loads I planned to experiment with. So that amounts to good news, I think. You get more brass, but they are loaded. They are in plastic boxes and each box has a form in it explaining what bullet, powder, etc., is in the cases. The two boxes that are partials may have gotten the labels exchanged, so if you do buy the gun, I would pull one bullet and weigh the powder, and then you will know what the rest of the cartridges are just in case it is the magic load. OK, back to work. I just wanted you to know there was a minor change in previous info just in case it made a difference to you.

Man, I ain't worried about that lite bit of difference. 5 more shots... Come on man! LOL

Seriouy though, just shoot me a PM when you get everything priced out and we can figure out which direction I might want to go...Provided that stupid truck sells quickly.

I'm gonna pimp that thing like a madman to try to get it sold ASAP. I need the cash, but I also need the space in my shop.

I'm working on it. I have found the current prices of everything, but have not found the receipt for the rifle. I called my VISA card and they sent me records back through 2010, but the message requires a code that I know nothing about, so I will have to wait until my wife gets home to open the file for me. I don't know if the dealer would have a record of that sale or not, but if all else fails, I will call them in the morning.

Do you have a dealer's license? What state are you in, and are we allowed to just send this thing, or do we have to go through a dealer on a private sale?

No, I'm not a dealer, i'm in Alabama, and it would have to be sent from you to my local FFL holder.

Here's how I have been told it works.... i talk to my local FFL holder. He faxes you his FFL info. The 2 of you exchange personal, shipping, and gun SN and info. I send you payment. You send the gun to him (the FFL holder). Then I pay him $25 for a "transfer fee" where I fill out my 4473 where he calls it in and I get approved as if i was buying it new from the store. Then the gun is registered in my name, and we are good to go.

That's how I was told it works...I have never bought a gun online, so this is what I was told and described by others who have. I will talk to Jim (my local FFL holder) and get more info on how it would work, since I'm not positive either.

OK. I bought a gun several years ago from a private party, and as I recall, that is how it works. My wife is on her way home, and she can decipher the e-mail for me.

Your desler should have a record of the sale. When 4 of mine got stolen back in 2008, 3 of the 4 were bought from dealers, and the 4th was a private sale between an old coworker and myself. I didn't feel like digging through my receipts for them, so I called the dealers and it took them a matter of minutes to pull it up in the computer databanks. They even printed me ot copies of my invoices to guve to the insurance company. Easy as pie!

I found the receipt. The receipt was for $1340, which would make my $1200 price right. Add 8% tax, the price of the dies, and it comes out just about to the penny. I will put this all together, list all the extras, describe the scopes, and give you four options tomorrow. I will call the dealer just to double check the price.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Well, so much for my memory. I bought a rifle from the dealer for about $1200, but it was not the Weatherby. The Weatherby was $1859. I can't believe I paid that much for that rifle on an impulse.

I will still put together a couple packages and you can decide what you want to do. Since there are new ones available for about $1600, I do not expect to get my original price back. I'll get back to you in about an hour or less.

I know I paid right at $1,350-1,400 for mine brand new back in 2008. Yeah, $1,869 is on up there, even though they retail for over $2,100 now.

No rush on the price, I try to never be in a rush, unless it's to the bar to drink beer, or someone says the phrase"Get here now...There's free beer!" :D

OK. I will list and describe everything along with current new prices. Then I will give you four options based on what I see as fair prices for being used, albeit little, but still used. A lot of prices involving these rifles have come down due to their increased availability. For example, a box of 20 new brass was $170 then and is $70 now.

So: One Weatherby Mark V Accumark in NIB condition: $1600
14 once fired then reloaded cases: 50(?)
34 new but loaded cases 130(?)
Harris Bipod, used once 105
Dies 35
Neck sizer die 30
Blackhawk six screw 30mm rings and mounts 135
Leupold VX-3 6.5-20 long range scope, 30mm tube,
side focus, 50mm objective, varmint hunter
reticle 980
Bushnell Elite 6500, 30mm tube, 2.5-16, 50mm
objective, side focus, mil-dot reticle 779
Vortex Viper PST, 6-24, MRAD reticle,50 mm Objective,
side focus, mil-dots on first focal plane, 30mm tube 950

Deal 1: Rifle, all the extras, no scope: $1800
Deal 2: add Bushnell scope $ 2400
Deal 3: add Leupold scope $ 2600
Deal 4: add Viper scope $ 2550

Deals are based on an approximate reduction of 15% off new prices. All items are in NIB condition. I will throw in a hard case, and I will pay the shipping and your $25 dealer fee. I will consider reasonable counteroffers. I should have thought to call the dealer for the price. The $1200 was for a Browning High Wall single shot 45-70. I was very disappointed when she gave me that price. I heard a message come in while I was preparing this, and I have a feeling it was you telling me where I can put the rifle.

If I do sell my truck, I would go with the Vortex scope option....But that is a big IF at the moment, as my for sale ad just hit publication this morning. So only time will tell.

If someone else comes along and offers you the cash for it, I will hold no hard feelings, as I understand how the world works, and how when you need money, you take it as it comes. I have had lots of friends mad at me for that over the years, but in time they realized the same thing. :)

So, I will try to push this truck as hard as I can, but I simply can't make any guarantees. Like I said, if I do sell it soon, I will go opting for the Gun/Vortex scope setup, as I have been wanting one of those scopes for a while now, and been wanting one of the guns for about 10 years.

This might be a repeat message. We were sending messages at the same time, and I think mine got lost in the fray. What I said was that I would wait a week or so and see if anything happens with your truck. Maybe you will get lucky. So my offers stand for at least a week. I will not advertise the gun, but if someone else on the forum contacts me, I will check in with you and see where you stand before making any deals with anyone else..

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully this thing will go quickly. Lord knows I need it to, I'm tired of sitting on it, and really could use the cash for other things.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts