weatherby rifle model differences

clemens

My father in law is interested in a .338-378 but wants a wood stock. I see the accumark model and mark 5. Not sure if this caliber in a vanguard but question is. Is the accumark a older discontinued model or renamed mark 5. I can only find wood stocks so far for the vanguard and mark 5. At one time I thought I saw on Weatherby web site one could get wood stocks? Can anyone tell me which models the . 338-378 comes in and possible wood stock available.

I'm kinda new here, and I am fascinated with all the info represented in these pages. While I can't speak to the specific questions you've posed, I do have a suggestion; have you given any thought to a LAMINATED wood stock? I split the factory walnut piece on my M77 Ruger a while back, and replaced with a Boyd's Classic in Pepper color. I have had the stock on the rifle for several years unfinished, and while it worked perfectly, I did not realize what a gorgeous piece of wood it is. Recently I have been shopping for another laminated stock for a 338-378 I am having built, and got bored one day, pulled the Boyd's off my 300WM, sanded it with some 600 paper and shot it with some spar urethane that was left over from a different project, and became mesmerized with the beauty of what I thought was a plain jain hunk of wood. Absolutely spell binding. Took some work, but I owned the time, ya know? Any way, food for thought.

Weatherby offers 2 models of rifles...Vanguards (cheaper models) and Mark V (high-end made in USA models).

The AccuMark is a sub-model of the Mark V. Same as the Mark V Deluxe, LazerMark, EuroMark, TRR, etc...

If you want a really solid long range rifle in a big bore caliber, the AccuMark in .338-378 Wby Mag is a great one. Be sure to get the AccuBrake option (muzzle brake).

Thanks for the info. He is one of those type that you can say can't teach old dogs new tricks. I will see if he is interested in any if the ones I found.

I agree with mudrunner. The Accumark is the way to go. I've owned one and my dad has one. Both shoot lights out. However if you want a wood stocked rifle call Weatherbys custom shop. Im sure they can get what you want

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.