Weapons Ban Colorado

joseph471

Those who enjoy their second amendment rights should sign the petitions or reach out to Rocky Mountain Gun Owners and ask how they can help. Yes it will lose in the federal courts but not without time, money, and effort in keeping our own rights free and intact. This goes beyond individual political quarrels or parties, this is how a peaceful society becomes an enslaved society; history has demonstrated this time and time again.

This is why people NEED to get involved in politics and start getting others involved too. It's not just one group of people being lied to, ignored, or misrepresented by our politicians, it is most of us. MOST Americans have no idea of what bills are written, legislation is passed, or laws are enacted which destroy our communities, schools, homes, and the safety of our families and law enforcement. People have no choice but to start getting involved or the not to distant future will make the last two years (after Covid) look like a joke. I will bet most Americans NEVER would believe someone telling them what would happen after Covid and how the world would feel and be. It's only going to continue if all Americans do not stand together to fight for Alll of our freedoms.

This really ticks me. I will be reaching out to sign petitions and emails will be sent. Makes the quote "from my cold dead hands" come to mind.

For those who don't think it will happen...Colorado already has a 10 round magazine ban in effect. 9 states already have so called "assault weapons bans in place". Look at crazy Canada.

Our voices must be heard and stop this.

This really ticks me. I will be reaching out to sign petitions and emails will be sent. Makes the quote "from my cold dead hands" come to mind.

For those who don't think it will happen...Colorado already has a 10 round magazine ban in effect. 9 states already have so called "assault weapons bans in place". Look at crazy Canada.

Our voices must be heard and stop this.
Check your regs/laws --- its a 15 round magazine limit-- not 10 in CO -- and it's only on new mags -- old mags and rebuild kits are grandfathered so it's pretty much not inforecable unless the mag has a manufacture date on it ( magpul only)

Check your regs/laws --- its a 15 round magazine limit-- not 10 in CO -- and it's only on new mags -- old mags and rebuild kits are grandfathered so it's pretty much not inforecable unless the mag has a manufacture date on it ( magpul only)
That is not the new bill. Any AR platform will be illegal unless you can prove you purchased said firearm and were not "gifted" said firearm or did not acquire it through person to person sales. That's a lot of people who cannot provide it. Also, any further sales will be illegal. Pistols with threaded barrels will be illegal as will shotguns with a pistol grip. Far from a simple magazine issue

Those who enjoy their second amendment rights should sign the petitions or reach out to Rocky Mountain Gun Owners and ask how they can help. Yes it will lose in the federal courts but not without time, money, and effort in keeping our own rights free and intact. This goes beyond individual political quarrels or parties, this is how a peaceful society becomes an enslaved society; history has demonstrated this time and time again.

I thought we were to refrain from politics on this forum ? I personally don't see how that is possible. Not if you want to keep the forum alive. Because once 1A & 2A is restricted to where you can't utilize it. There will be no reason for the forum. Unless you want to rehash the good old days. If that will even be allowed ? I know politics can get heated. But then that is what's needed right now. Sharing of info about elections. You know the stuff that will get you de platformed on the mainstream sites. I wonder why they want to ban you for sharing info ? Be it right or wrong. It should be easy enough to disprove if it's not legitimate. Let US not question the masters. lol

That is not the new bill. Any AR platform will be illegal unless you can prove you purchased said firearm and were not "gifted" said firearm or did not acquire it through person to person sales. That's a lot of people who cannot provide it. Also, any further sales will be illegal. Pistols with threaded barrels will be illegal as will shotguns with a pistol grip. Far from a simple magazine issue
Awbowhunter said colorado already has a 10 round mag limit--- I was responding to his post not the new proposal that's not law yet--- awbowhunter was incorrect with his "10 round limit"

My dad sent me the draft of the bill and it is 100% insanity that it would even be considered. But, knowing what has transpired in CO recently it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Not being a CO resident anymore I can't do much but if someone knows an organization that will fight it effectively without spending a lot on salaries etc let us all know so we can send a donation. I will contribute but not to NRA or the like.

Not being from Colorado I'm not up on every thing that is going on. But being from Oregon I think I can say the unbelievable can happen. I know I'm old and probably outdated but never in a million years would I have believed what they are trying to do in Oregon. Guess my point is, that no matter how unbelievable you think it is, it can and probably will happen.

10 or 15 really doesn't matter. Both are BS infringements on peoples rights. And will solve nothing, when it comes to mass shootings or crime.
And it's not enforceable since the only mags that have dates on them are magpul-- all my local stores still sell 30 round "repair" kits if you want them. And I've bought brand new pistols with 16 round mags since the "ban" through local ffl bigh name stores and they don't seem to care at all either