Please read..... new assault weapons ban... ??? try again ??

Yea, they gonna make it harder for the law abiding citizen again, just cuz they think they smarter than us and know whats good for us to!

MORE INFO.....

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

There was no time wasted in bringing this up again. This could have a
serious impact on our business, possibly yours, too.

If there ever has been a time to stand up and make your voice heard, this is
it. The new AWB introduced into the House of Representatives by the duly
elected (albeit uninformed) Ms McCarthy of New York picks up where the '94
Ban left off. There will be no renaming or cosmetic changes to skirt the
ban. No parts. There is NO sunset clause. The Attorney General can determine
that even though used for a sporting event, it doesn't mean your firearm has
a sporting purpose. (Doublespeak at its finest.) There will be no
transferring of firearms.

You have heard all the arguments before and now is the time to impress on
your Representatives in Congress that the last ban had ZERO affect and we
will not tolerate the continual erosion of our freedoms in this country by
special interests and agendas.

The 2nd Amendment is NOT about HUNTING! If you believe your hunting firearms
are safe, search for and read what the anti-gunners want to do next. It's
about FREEDOM! It's not a privilege. It's a RIGHT!

Contact your Representatives and tell them to NOT SUPPORT this bill.

Also, Contact Congressman Rick Boucher (276-628-1145) who is the key vote in
the Judiciary Committee who can stop this bill!

If you have a web site, PLEASE POST INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS SO THE WORD
GETS OUT.

PASS THE INFORMATION ON TO YOUR FRIENDS AND EVEN YOUR ENEMIES IF THEY WILL
HELP.

Contact your representative here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Contact Congressman Rick Boucher here: www.boucher.house.gov/

But please write them an actual letter, make a phone call or see them in
person.

It looks like there were no co-sponsors for the bill and that it has been sent to the house judiciary committee.

I have a feeling that committee will kill it - if only to avoid the bad publicity before a presidential election. The democraps still remember what happened after the last time they tried this crap.

Well we took it to the powers that be, and we won this one decisively, sad part is it cost a well respected (up till now) hunter, and gunwriter (it seems at this point) his carreer. The war is not over and the major battles are much bigger, however if we stick togather and hit the liberals like the full frontal assault me made on JZ and his sponsors we'll come out on top again.
Don't know if there any here but just in case there are, this addresses those who don't use AR's or other non-typical looking firearms, that think well let them have the AR's they shouldn't be used for hunting anyway. They want them all, and they are so desparate the want them a little at a time. I spent some time on the brady campaign's weblog
Here are the guns they want banned so that them and they're familys will be safe at home
They're so called assault rifles (all of them)
50 BMG's
sniper rifles (any rifle with a telescopic sight capable of hitting a target beyond 100 yds)
any rifle chambered in a round that has been used by the military (223,7.62x39, 308, 30/06, 7x57, 45/70)
30/30 win (developed and built since 1892, and 3 times since has been used by criminals to kill a policeman in soft body armor)
any rifle capable of penetrating soft body armour
the 22 LR, can be made small, cheap, and small enough to slip through the seams of soft body armour.
So see my friends this is what we're up against, never let your guard down!!
RR

--------------------

Done.

Everyone get involved, or else dont complain when the communists take away your GOD GIVEN RIGHTS.

Thanks for the heads up, and linking Sendero Man.

thanks for the heads up, does anyone know when the democrats want this to go into affect?

I wish they would solve something that needs solving, like how much money they spend on nothing!!! we need a fiscally conservative republican! ...sorry about my rant, just want to know when this is suppoesed to go into affect?

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.