CNN Vote: Assault Weapons Ban

Of course the Communist News Network (CNN) did not show the result of this poll for their story about the ban ending today. Instead, they have a new poll, a "quick vote" asking if it was right to let the ban expire here. Of course it is lopsided right now - 26% yes to 74% no. Spread the word and blast this poll to the right side!

The plain and simple truth of the matter:
I don't ever forsee the possibility of being surrounded and needing an assault rifle. Do I have one?? No, I have SEVERAL. Why??? Because it is within my freedom to do so! Call me a collector, or an extremist, but if for no other reason, how about owning one in the memory of those; who fought and died for the right to own them! They are cool looking, they are a very interesting part of history, and they are a lot of fun to shoot. The ammo is dirt cheap, and they are a great tool; when introducing others to shooting because of the light recoil. I can think of a million reasons to own one, but I can't think of one reason why someone should tell me why I can't. Good Shootin'

[ 09-14-2004: Message edited by: nighthunter264winmag ]

poll still going,i just voted and 59% lifted to 41% extended.
smile.gif

Voted.
Just wondered what other's thought about this.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Does this mean I should legally have the right to own a fully loaded F-15 or M-1 Abrams with all the accessories? Not that I could afford one, but when this was ratified in 1791 the best you could get was still a muzzleloader and a canon. Seems that as things have progressed maybe the "arms" we have the right to bear should not stop at the 50 BMG mentality.

Maybe the "AWB" should only include NBC weapons?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.