We Temporarily Interrupt This Forum

An internally balanced blueprinted 400 truck engine and Dana 44 3.73 turned a 2 yo lame TPI 87 Vette into a much nicer ride till I destroyed the 700R4...... lol

I can't help but think this bullet tweaking is more equivalent to cutting coils and fart can exhaust on a Geo Metro... or doing a carolina squat on a perfectly functional new diesel truck.

If we are talking about harbor freight selling reloading stuff, eeeeek. 😱
The Harbor Freight, sells an adjustable steel welding table, for like about $59 bucks. It might be one of the best reloader benches around but, little known deal. Perfect for a kid getting startD, or an old timer with not a lot a cartridges to worry about. STW 100%!

Last edited:
for what I perceive as a logical question!

This will offend a few……sorry! But, it's a genuine question

I read with interest, actually incredulity….of hunters modifying factory production bullets for better "on game" performance! 🤒 WTH!

With the, literally dozens of bullets specifically designed for use on game……Why? Why do we think that we can and should attempt to transform a bullet "clearly" designed for other uses …..into a superior hunting bullet!

Is it to actually "improve" the bullets "on game" performance or to fulfill the want/need to experiment! If for an experiment…..I respectfully suggest that the companies having "deeper pockets" than the majority of us, have access to better bullet testing, rather than performing tests on game animals!

Rant over! memtb
We get bored when all the tags are filled?🤷‍♂️

The Harbor Freight, sells an adjustable steel welding for like about $59 bucks. It might be one of the best reloader benches around but, little known deal. Perfect for a kid getting startD, or an old timer with not a lot a cartridges to worry about. STW 100%!
A bench is ok. I was jokingly referring to the more precise parts of the reloading puzzle.

@memtb you're also one of those crazy practical masochists who uses one rifle for everything. You could use a bunch of different ones but you don't need to so you don't.

I'm an experimenter. I acknowledge as much. HBNing bullets is modifying them in a way. HBN treated bullets don't kill things any more dead so it's unnecessary. But that doesn't mean pointless. Not to me anyway.

I mean if we're just about the practicality of the matter why would we experiment with rolling our own ammunition if perfectly good factory loaded ammunition exists? It's not that different from your question…

For that matter (and a lot of older guys where I live actually feel this way I think) why do we have so many different rifle cartridges and bullet designs when the .30-06 already exists and Winchester makes 180 grain super x power point ammo for it? 🤣

Why put cream in your coffee if it's good to drink without it?

My wife sometimes does glare at me when I put hot sauce on her cooking…"something wrong with what I made the way it is????" 🤣🤣🤣. She understands now that it's not an insult, but I just like some kick 🤣

The test animals may have a different view point! 😉😂!

Perhaps Edison had a disclaimer .….no light bulbs were injured in development! 😂 memtb
I mean he did electrocute a live elephant for attention….and admission fees to the spectacle…and ripped off a lot of other people's inventions and stole ideas and didn't acknowledge the hard work and contributions of others.

Guy was a brilliant man and a bona fide *******, swindler, liar, and yes he torturously killed an elephant to entertain people, demonstrate the power of electricity, and get attention and make some money.

Oh IDK, thought of seating bullet backwards to have more aerodynamic "base".... more frontal area. Seems legit to me. Betcha @memtb has tried it!🤣

Believe it or not….nope! I never had a hollow-base mold…..but, do have a 10 cavity Hensley & Gibbs 148 grain WC mold. Beautiful bullets ….that do work well on small game! memtb

Recent Posts