We might get a Cabelas

actionshooter

The local paper (Olympia Wa) just had an article stating that Cabelas was looking at a new site 5 miles from my house, I feel a divorce coming my way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4ked Horn, Where did you get the info about boise getting an cabelas. I've heard rumors but nothing saying they actually will from cabelas.

I gotta tell you guys - we got one down here in N. Texas last year, it is impossible to stay out of that store.... it is pretty bad when you are out Christmas shopping on the Friday night before Christmas eve, and you are with the wife, and you just happen to be driving by the Cabela's and 'look honey, why don't we stop and see what we can get in here....' feeling a divorce coming on might not be too funny of a statement.... I thought she was gonna shoot me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, by the time we got out of the store. She was gullible enough to think that we might actually find something for the kids.... but that didn't last too long when you got her next to you at the gun counter.... I did end up getting something for the kids there (just to follow through with the suggestion I made - thank God my son is into camo anything).

Fellow married shooters forewarned!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
EZ

Press releases last month. The only job available on line though is some credit card sales manager position. But they are coming. Moving into the old Costco building at Millwaukee and Franklin.

Where you from?

I am originally from Missouri (just North of K.C.) and we are blessed enough to have a Cabela's across the border in K.C., Kansas and Bass Pro (Headquarters) down in Springfield! Needless to say, we have put a lot of miles on the vehicle going back and forth between the two. I am still married so I must be doing something right. My wife tags along just because there is a really good fudge shop at the Cabelas in Kansas City.

Knappy

4ked Horn, Cabelas should have put their retail store in the old Jabil Circuit building in Meridian. That Costco store is great for locale but the parking will be terrible at best. At any rate, I can't wait until they get here. Besides, they will be right across the street from Hooters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope so much that they dont just put a Cabelas sign on the front of the building and call it good. I agree that the parking will be awful. The Jabil building is a good idea.

Hooters is a customer of mine. When I went down to work on their building the first time the district manager told me that they had looked at hundreds of locations in the Treasure Valley before they picked that one. They considered a place on Eagle near Pine but the bare land was one mil. The old Perkins land and building was quite a bit less so they settled for the second busiest intersection in Idaho and moved there. With Cabelas moving back in that same area it might go back to being the busiest for about 3 months.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.