You might be a redneck "IF"

J E Custom

A while back I saw a post with the mention of a rifle by name.

Well I was wondering how many people would admit that they
might be a redneck because they name there rifles.

I know of at least 3, myself, specweldtom and maybe a man that
builds long range rifles ( I'll let him identify himself )

So I though it would be interesting and funny to hear some of the
names.

My favorite rifle is a little 7/08 that goes every where with me by the
name of "BABY"

Note: This is not a poll ,"It's just for fun"

Might be worth a few laughs ?
J E CUSTOM

J E Custom has another one he didn't mention; a 7 WSM called Big Baby. My 7-08 is Ugly Baby. One of my daughters hunts with a Mod 7 stainless 7-08 that she named Pretty Baby. My .30 x .378 is Henry Wayne. We have a few more that may get names (only if they earn them). We built all except Pretty Baby. Sounds like redneckery run amuck, but it's very easy for anyone in our family to know instantly which rifle any of us is hunting with.

We have very high standards, too. I refused to paint Pretty Baby's stock pink, and we don't name shotguns.

Tom

7mm Dakota XP-100 "Puff"
6.5-284 XP-100 "Grey Ghost" or "GG"
6mm-284 XP-100 "Chameleon" (Named by my son and his friends)

My 7mag is "Death Dealer"
Picture1027.jpg

Gun

I just call em "my elk gun, bear gun, deer gun" etc. That way I can remember what I'm supposed to shoot that day by which gun I'm carrying. Clever, don't you think.
My AK hunting partner has a RUM called "Rusty"

OK, this isn't exactly naming a rifle but I thought it was neat. A friend said he was looking for his dads old single shot 22. His dad had traded it off years earlier (like 50) for something bigger. His dad had carved a poem in the stock "Hold me steady and pull my trigger, I'll bag em faster than you can figger." He got a name for the family that might have bought it and tracked it down. Cleaned it up and gave it back to his dad for a gift. When his dad opened the box he said the expected "Hey, that's my rifle!" I like that story...........

After the last heated debate I though that something like
this would ease the tension a little.

And there were some interesting names .

Thanks to those who responded and feel free to post yours
if you havent.

This is a great site and a little laughter will all ways help to
loosen people up and get them to continue posting.

Remember There are NO stupid questions only unasked ones

Have fun
J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.