Wanted to show a Remington 700 drop-in bullpup chassis I've been developing

Tyler,

The bottom side of the Bat M looks like this.

Attachments

• Bat M.jpg
    Bat M.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 73
This is awesome Tyler! I've always wanted a bullpup bolt gun (I love the bullpup concept period), but the only bullpup chassis is Shawn Carlock's LRKM (which he's not selling just the chassis as far as I'm aware). Best of luck and good on you to innovate the chassis game like this!!:)

ohJaRoU.jpg

Forend assembly: check

Trigger assembly: check (not completely installed in this photo)

To do list:

Scope rail

Adjustable recoil pad assembly

Cheekpiece

Bottom magazine section with latch

Getting real close! Hoping to take the chassis deer hunting in a few weeks to get some real world feedback on how I like it, and what changes need to be made.

I do plan on using a more vertical grip for production models. The A2 grip was sort of a worst case grip angle scenario. There's more room than a standard thumbhole stock between this grip and a 10 round AI mag, but a more vertical grip will certainly open things up more. To get any more room the length of pull, and main chassis rail would need to be lengthened, both things I don't want to do for ergonomic reasons.

Fair enough, I had a feeling the SA would be fine but the LA might be affected (especially if one desires to use the longer length Accurate Mag units or the 3.990" Seekins if they bring it back) but as the inlet would be longer I assume it might work fine. We'll see when that time comes I guess. Great work!

A long action will require even more innovative thinking...I'm not ok with shooters being stuck on an extra long length of pull, although I'm not sure with existing actions there is any way around that.

I am down to a 14" length of pull with the recoil pad assembly completely collapsed, which is better than Desert Tech and should offer easier offhand shooting. At this length of pull the bolt is retracting over the recoil pad, to very near the back of the recoil pad assembly. Not optimal, but moved a half inch or so back the recoil pad will be able to be adjusted however high the shooter wants.

Long action will require some more innovative thinking.

I'm not ok with the LOP being overly long, but people will eventually want a long action offered for larger cartridges. a 32" barreled 338 Lapua cutting 8"-10" off standard length would be killer for compactness and ballistics!

Definitely agreed! I was actually looking at the OAL for an HTI in Kirby Allen's 510 Maximus... Even with a 45" barrel it would be within 2"+/- of my 26" 7mm mag SPS if I remember correctly:Dgun) Long action with a swappable mag well like the Eliseo RTM would be AMAZING .308 to .338 with just a bolt, barrel, and mag change.. Music to my ears:) I'm probably getting a little carried away though

Is there any way you wont have to lift your head to operate the bolt. I know this is usually the first thing that must be given up for a bull pup design.

With a three lug would it be feasible?

You won't have to lift your head as is! I'll post some videos once I get a rear section on so everyone can see.

A three lug would be feasible, if the action is that design. Not wanting to make custom actions or anything other than an "accessory"

I have zero experience with bull pups but see the benefit of them (especially in a LR rifle with a long barrel). My question is, are you incorporating any type of mechanical safety into the system?

Yes, there is a safety located on the trigger guard. Part of the trigger guard flips forward, although that is being modified to be more ambidextrous.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts