XP-100 Bullpup Project

arizona1650

I'm currently working on a project of converting a mid grip XP-100 into a bullpup single shot bolt rifle for longer distance shooting. I have found a bullpup fiberglass blank stock that I will be inletting and my length from butt of stock to front lug of action is 12.5". This allows me to either build an ultra compact short rifle with 16.5-18" barrel or use the additional room for a longer barrel. In other words if I went with a 16.5" barrel, my OAL would be 29" or if I went with a 24" barrel my OAL would be 36.5". Looking for ideas and suggestions on what is more desirable.

I have a 24" Bartlein blank in .224 that is just laying around and needs used. I'm also looking for chambering suggestions. Barrel is a 4 groove with 1-8 twist.

Basically making this a fun unique build and open to ideas.

Why not just put it in a rifle chassis that uses an AR style buttstock and buffer tube, and just put one of those "pistol braces" on it? Then it's still classified as a pistol, and you got a 50-state legal SBR that doesn't require any paperwork or a $200 tax stamp. :cool:

Why not just put it in a rifle chassis that uses an AR style buttstock and buffer tube, and just put one of those "pistol braces" on it? Then it's still classified as a pistol, and you got a 50-state legal SBR that doesn't require any paperwork or a $200 tax stamp. :cool:

That would be pretty sweet! it would probably keep the weight down as well.
Definitely something to consider.

That would be pretty sweet! it would probably keep the weight down as well.
Definitely something to consider.
Not to mention, if your state has a special pistol hunting game season, then you can still use it...Cause legally, it's still a registered pistol. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts