Video: long range kills - 6.5-284s

26-Nosler-Comparison.jpg

Mite just have to get off my ..... and tread the rem age barrel onto a action and see what happens, I've only had it 2 years, no rush,LOL

Lots to be said about a great bullet delivered from a low recoiling cartridge and the ability to deliver in the field thanks to a lotta fun on the practice field. Very impressive!

Problem is you really cannot kill an elk with a 6.5x284 or 6.5 PRC. You absolutely have to go 7 RM or 300 WM at least. Lots of knowledgeable self proclaimed elk killers on this forum will tell you.
You are watching Best of the West propaganda. ;)
Dang 264 WM is starting to look like a real sweat spot to me though.
Ya. I have a 30-06 and a 7mm Rem Mag.
Kills usually within 200-yards.
My dad had a 6.5-06, and that was interesting from the bench.
didn't kill anything with it.

I read a post somewhere that the 264 WM looks good, but they don't stock it with the correct twist rate barrel (???).
Probably better with custom and select twist rate for right (desired) bullet.

I read a post somewhere that the 264 WM looks good, but they don't stock it with the correct twist rate barrel (???).
Probably better with custom and select twist rate for right (desired) bullet.
True. I just checked and Remington still chambers it in the Sendero with a 9 twist. And Winchester, of course, still makes it but it's a 9 twist too...
Used to be hard to find brass for it, Winchester only did a seasonal run. The cartridge has been making a comeback though and even Nosler makes brass for it now. Just have to get an aftermarket barrel.

If you look carefully, there's some fancy editing going here? Not all are 6.5x284 Norma kills, but long shots non the less.
I wouldn't hesitate to use my 6.5X284 Norma, but I'm reaching for my BIG SEVEN first.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.