Varmint Hunter Association Magazine Articles To Be Published On Our Site

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Varmint Hunters Association is a large group of shooters and hunters whose organization publishes a very high quality magazine with 40 new articles per quarterly issue. I am in the process of working out an agreement to provide our site with the rights to publish one of their articles per month in exchange for cross-promoting their site.

I would like to hear from you as to what type of articles you would like me to select from future Varmint Hunter magazine issues for publication here. On their site you can read several articles from past issues in their entirety or browse the list of titles from past issues.

"Sample Articles" and "Back Issues Index"

Please take a look as soon as possible at their April, 2008 issue as we will start with a selection from that list. I am choosing NOT to select any issue that they publish on their site so that we are the only site that has it online.

Varmint Hunters Association is a large group of shooters and hunters whose organization publishes a very high quality magazine with 40 new articles per quarterly issue. I am in the process of working out an agreement to provide our site with the rights to publish one of their articles per month in exchange for cross-promoting their site.

I would like to hear from you as to what type of articles you would like me to select from future Varmint Hunter magazine issues for publication here. On their site you can read several articles from past issues in their entirety or browse the list of titles from past issues.

"Sample Articles" and "Back Issues Index"

Please take a look as soon as possible at their April, 2008 issue as we will start with a selection from that list. I am choosing NOT to select any issue that they publish on their site so that we are the only site that has it online.

Any article besides close range coyote hunting with 22-250's and any article written by Don Lewis. After the VHA let their magazine contain more than 50% of the above trash, I let my subscription expire. Don't get me wrong, I love coyote hunting and I do it all winter long but reading about it is less than interesting because it is all the same story. We drove around, made some stands, squeeled a rabbit, the coyote came in, we shot it with our boring old 22-250's at 50 yards, the end. And if Don Lewis has ever written helpful, correct, or interesting information, I'll eat my socks.

goodgrouper, thanks for the tips. I'll watch out for that.

And...when are you going to share your knowledge with us in your first Long Range Hunting "how-to" article? :cool:

How about "How to hunt bighorn sheep"

Something tells me you may be qualified for that one. light bulb

How about an article on how to hunt a property that has had a lot of amatuer calling done on it. What tricks can one do to up your odds in seeing coyotes or bobcats on such a property?

I have just chosen the first article. The title is Wind Doping Basics by Ritchie R Moorhead. It will be a good complement to Shawn's wind reading article of a few months back. Look for it next week in the Newsletter.

Len--i have a couple articles in there, and 1 coming up that u may be interested in. Had an article in there entitled, "Reticle-Rangefinding Made Easy," detailing the "modified mil-ranging formula," for use with any reticle design.

1 that should be coming up in the next issue (maybe), entitled "Long-Range Coyotes, a Custom AR-15, and the Little Scope That Could," details my ISSI AR .223AI/VLD magazine/65 JLK Low Drags, and the PFI 3-9X 22 Long Rifle Rapid Reticle I adapted for long-range shooting to 500 yds. on coyotes. Definitely unusual, that 1.

I have been a long time member of the VHA, and I enjoy reading all of the gun related and ballistics articles. This association has some extremely knowledgable and talented professors of the gun and gun related objects. I also like reading the articles written by the everyday hunter sharing a bit of their life with us. I don't care if it is just ... I squealed and had a coyote run in and I shot it. I still enjoy reading it because it was done by a fellow hunter sharing a piece of their world with me.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.