Varmint Hunter Association.

Ballistic64,

The JP is considered a 'clamshell'. You can attend any match you want. You do not have to be at all of them unless you want to be in contention for V.H.A. 600 yard awards at the end of the year. Being at all of them would give you the best opportunity to earn the most points.

TJ
V.H.A. 600 Yard Page

I'm so glad to see you and Janet Hanson come visit us here at LRH. Welcome.

I read about the caliber limit at the Jamboree and was thinking that since one of your motto points was "camaraderie" that you could introduce a "Camaraderie Category" at the jamboree that was more of an unlimited demonstration shoot. The paying participants would recieve a T shirt saying they shot in the special event but there are no winners or losers. It is a time where shooters of big and small bore guns sort of show off their wares. More like an antique car show minus the prize. It would bring more people to the Jamboree and would foster friendships of people with similar interests. Maybe this would include a seminar on some aspect of achieving the outer limits of accuracy at the extended ranges.

If the only difference is the caliber and energy of the guns being used there should be some way to include the big bore members of this accuracy and skill seekers club. As you well know, we as shooters should find more ways to share our similarities and to put the appropriate emphasis on our differences. After all it is these differences that keep things interesting.

I have to go assist a customer now but I will be back on tonight to respond to some of the others here.

Again thanks for stopping by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TJ,

Glad you stopped in to post....

I don't take offense to anything you said... I realize you guys gotta pay the bills... I have had nothing but good experiences with VH mag.

I guess I should clarify what I meant....

In the early years of the Mag.. or early issues... or some of the first issues I have I enjoyed the articles of the guys like me, you , the next door neighbor.... then I started to see articles with well know "famous" gunsmiths, hunters etc. I guess that dissapointed me a bit because I took it as advertising for them... which they didn't really need...
I don't want to name names and start a ****ing match... and this is solely my opinion on this matter....
I just enjoyed the feeling of the neighbor down the road articles... but my take on things is they started to go towards the more "famous" individuals...

I still enjoy the magazine... I usually read it at the outdoor store I stop in everynow and again...

more than likely I will annie up for another year....

so what we gotta do to get some more LR tech. or Hunting articles published????

Again, glad you are on the board... would like to see more of you guys here givin advice or opinions....

We see a lot of guns at the Jamboree that aren't there for the Shootout. There is sight-in on Monday plus fun and games on other days of the week. Lee Fischer brought his 3600 yd gun and let everyone take a peek. We like to see what's new and innovative. The Shootout is only a two day competition in the five days of Jamboree.
Just, PLEASE, don't bring a 50. It will rattle the windows in the clubhouse.

Well I see I'm just going to have to come out for a jamboree some time and experience first hand what it is all about. I can only imagine what a 3600 yard gun is all about. There wouldn't be any articles on this gun in the magazine now would there? That is a story I would like to read.

That reminds me. I was wondering if there is possibly going to be a future 2500 yard club? I'm not even in the 500 yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif but I know of at least 1 person here that might be interested in trying for a 2500 after he gets in the books at 2K (hopefully at the end of this month).

Come on out. It's a great time. We call it "Summer Camp for Shooters".
We haven't published an article about Lee's gun but have shown a picure. It's a sight to behold. You just have to come see for yourself.
After you get qualified for the 2000 Yard Club, we'll talk about 2500, okay?

I would like to see some 1500, 2000, and some grand slam (all four clubs) yard patches and t-shirts. Currently, there are just patches for the 500 and 1000. It couldn't be too much to make a few more items could it? I haven't had anything new to put on my shooting jacket in three years!
I also would like to see a 2500 yard club, and maybe a 1 mile club. Just a suggestion!

[ QUOTE ]
After you get qualified for the 2000 Yard Club, we'll talk about 2500, okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

You hear that Goodgrouper? The CEO of Varmint Hunter Magazine (The worlds finest magazine) PROMISED!!! Dude, hook me up. I'll worry about 500, 1000, and 1500 next month.

Ok ok, all kidding aside.

I would again like to encourage everyone reading this series of posts to REALLY REALLY consider getting signed up with the VHA and start experiencing what I consider the best shooting/hunting/technical gun mag on the planet. I've read them all from Amreican Hunter to Soldier of Fortune (not much of that one though) and this magazines quality and personality is second to none. The topics are oriented to folks like us and YOU can submit articles for others to see as well. You can go visit the club house and shoot in an annual jamboree. And besides what other magazine CEO and advertising editor have ever visited here at the request of one of their average members. I'm telling ya, they are a neat bunch of people.

Look into it folks. I believe you will be glad you did.

Now one more thing just so I am on the "up and up" with everyone. I found out this very evening while reading my new issue of the VH mag that there is an enrollment contest. The person that enrolls the most new members wins a gun and a hunting trip. <font color="red"> THIS IS NOT WHAT ALL THIS FANFARE IS ABOUT. </font> I really like this mag and these people. I dont get credit for recruiting any members unless that new enrollee gives them my membership number. I don't get credit just because we are on the same website.

If you think I am doing this for the prize then DON'T give them my number. It is that simple.

But, it sure would be cool to win the prize. If you sign up for the club and the magazine AND YOU DON'T MIND, I would be thankfull if you gave them my number.

Again, this is NOT why I started this post.

V.H.A. Member 37159

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or mine VHA# 40740 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(sorry about this shameless plug 4kedHorn)

Hello 4kedHorn,

I just had a chance to review the posts since I received your last e-mail as I've been busy trying to get the next issue finalized. I'm glad to hear you received the magazine I sent you.

Thanks to all of the support that's been given to us on this board. It is greatly appreciated.

As for the patches Good Grouper mentioned . . . I must tell you we just purchased a machine that will allow us to do our own patches. We have not had 1500 and 2000 yard patches available since we have had to order them by the "hundreds" in the past. There just aren't that many in those two down range clubs to justify ordering that many patches so we've taken the necessary steps to carry out the wishes of our members as we've had several requests for them over the years.

There are Down Range Club shirts available. They just don't have the yardage on them. If you come to the Jamboree bring whatever clothing you want as our plan is to have the embroidery machine set up to embroider down range club info, names, varmints, etc. on items.

I hope to see some of you at the 600 Yd Matches and/or the Jamboree this year. It's always nice to put a face with a name. The Jamboree is like one big family reunion and the reunion gets bigger and better every year. We have so much fun it also gets harder and harder when everyone leaves the event as it is an entire year before we get to see the the advertiser's, members and their families again.

At any rate, I best be getting back to work. We all have lots to do as we have all kinds of projects/events coming up. Next weekend is our first Youth Coyote Calling Hunt so we are all excited and have many things to do before then. One more youngster is going to be addicted to this sport as all it takes is ONE coyote hunt.

Thanks once again and have a fantastic day!

Jackie Rheborg
The Varmint Hunters Association, Inc.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.