TV Shows

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I was having a discussion with a friend about TV shows when we were kids. We only had Black and White TV (did not see color until I came back from the Marines) and (3) stations ABC, NBC, CBS. Used rabbit Ears and a a funkey antenna that we put tinfoil on. The TV had TUBES that would burn out every now an then. I remember my dad taking the burnt out Tube to the Hardware Store and we would match the Tube up on a Pannel for the number of Pins at the base of the Tube and buy another new one to make the TV work. Our discussion was on a TV show that all the boys (wanabe Marines) would watch was "COMBAT" a WWII war show in the 1960s. It would come on weekly around 8:00 PM EST on I think Tuesday night. All the boys would run home at the time to watch.
What night and time did "COMBAT" come on???
Rick Jason, Vic Morrow, Jack Hogan were the Combat Soldiers leading a Platoon across Europe..

Last edited:
I was having a discussion with a friend about TV shows when we were kids. We only had Black and White TV (did not see color until I came back from the Marines) and (3) stations ABC, NBC, CBS. Used rabbit Ears and a a funkey antenna that we put tinfoil on. The TV had TUBES that would burn out every now an then. I remember my dad taking the burnt out Tube to the Hardware Store and we would match the Tube up on a Pannel for the number of Pins at the base of the Tube and buy another new one to make the TV work. Our discussion was on a TV show that all the boys (wanabe Marines) would watch was "COMBAT" a WWII war show in the 1960s. It would come on weekly around 8:00 PM on I think Tuesday night. All the boys would run home at the time to watch.
What night and time did "COMBAT" come on???
Rick Jason, Vic Morrow, Jack Hogan were the Combat Soldiers leading a Platoon across Europe..
Tuesday night 19:00 hrs. Central Time! If memory serves me correctly! 😉 memtb

NW Hunter,
You beat me to it. I was wondering if anyone would remember Rat Patrol. I don't think it was on but a couple of years. Standing up Manning the machine gun while they were getting air over the dunes. He must had a predecessor to some of today's ultra sticky basketball shoes. Or maybe Hawkeye nailed/bolted them down ala "Mash".

NW Hunter,
You beat me to it. I was wondering if anyone would remember Rat Patrol. I don't think it was on but a couple of years. Standing up Manning the machine gun while they were getting air over the dunes. He must had a predecessor to some of today's ultra sticky basketball shoes. Or maybe Hawkeye nailed/bolted them down ala "Mash".
It was the first one I thought of, when "Combat" was mentioned.

I can't say about the shoes, but they about did Christopher George in flipping that Jeep.

Hollywood killed Vic Morrow making "Twilight Zone" rough place to work!

I think there were More than Vic Morrow got killed in that chopper crash that the Natl. Aero. said something was a problem. Didn't some young female actor get killed in that crash too?

My dad and I would watch Combat together. The next show we loved was Rat Patrol.
YES YES YES we are on the same page!!!
Starring Chris George Kelly, Raymond Lawrence, Casey Justin, Tarr Hans

"Dating our ages"
Early 60s. An era that time forgot!
Thanks Len - Jill was not born yet.

Last edited:
Our first B/W TV was 9" round in cabinet that you could support 1/2 pickup instead of using jacks. The antennae was also a game to play to eliminate the squiggles.

Remember this? Most stations had something similar for off air that started as early as 10PM!
IMG_0387.jpeg

We had old B&W Zenith, changed channels with a pair of pliers. Lived on a hill and got ALL the channels. Networks were 2,4,7,9,11 & 13, comming out of the 2 closest metro areas. In addition we got channels 5, 8, 20,22,26,45 (indies) some of my non western and war favorites were Roller Derby and Wrestling on Sunday morning. Who could ever forget The Classy Freddie Blassie!

Recent Posts