Gunsmiths TV show

longtooth

I want to let you know that there is a new TV show being produced on American Gunsmiths. I am very proud to be part of it in a very small way, I want to invite everyone on the site shooters and gunsmiths, Amateur and Professional to contact the show through its web site http://www.thegunsmiths.com/ and nominate someone to be a contestant or a featured gunsmith on the show. Please nominate yourselves if you wish. This is a chance for you to show off your work to a lot of people literally tens of thousands. 16 gunsmiths will be selected for the first season 3 will be steady for the first 9 weeks. after that one smith per episode will be featured. This is a chance you don't want to miss out on to promote your work, and there are several thousands of dollars in prizes that will go to the contestants and smiths. For the contestants it is a chance to work with a professional smith and learn from them, as well as build your dream rifle, and let someone else pay for it. The producers are looking to start shooting in March so nominate someone now. Thanks

I have heard that The outdoor Channel and The Discovery Channel as well as several others are looking at it, as far as I know as of today the producers have not made a decision. I only had a small part in this but I am excited by the possibilities of the show. This is such a good chance for very good but little known gunsmiths to get their name out there.

I hope that either the Outdoor channel or Discovery Channel pick it up, that way I will be able to watch it.

I know that there will be a set of DVDs of the show offered, how much I don't know, but they will be worth it in just the tips you will get from top gunsmiths.

I really only have a small part in this, and you would have to contact the show for that info.

Earlier today I had heard they had over 40 smiths nominated and nearly that many people for contestants.

I was told that the segment for visiting Remington's Factory and custom shop would be scheduled for mid May, If you have any Questions you would like asked fill out a question form from www.thegunsmiths.com site Also I was told their are sixty nominations for positions to be the gunsmiths on the show. but only 18 have returned the bio sheets. if you nominated a smith please get them to fill out the sheet they should have received a e=mail with a special link to go to.

I noticed on the gunsmith web site you are visiting other manufactures how about Savage? And why the rifle in 30 Mauser isn't that a hard to find and obsolete round?

I believe Savage is on the list as well.
as to the choice of 30 Mauser it is being imported from Europe and china and is very cheap and for a pistol round it is impressive going through a 20 inch barrel. I have killed chucks out to 300 yds and coyotes out to 200 yds. The gun I build for the show can be chambered for 30 carbine as well only changing the length of the bolt, and recoil lug. If you have any questons for Savage or just a gunsmith question fill out a question form at www.thegunsmiths.com

Well my retirement lasted a little shorter then I thought it would. I got up Christmas day and decided I wanted to do something, so I Talked to my wife about working again and she was suspiciously enthusiastic about it. I'm beginning to think my being around showing her how to do the housework and shopping more efficiently, has paid off and made her more agreeable, though I was a little surprised at her not complaining about the money I was going to spend on my venture, and even less about the time I would have to spend away from home especially since she has been a little testy lately.
Any way with her blessing I bought Gunsmith Productions lock stock and barrel. I now own The Gunsmiths TV Show. And knowing nothing about Producing TV Shows but some about gunsmithing I kept everyone on, except that little punk that kept calling me Chief and blanket *** once when he didn't think I could hear him.

I'll let them do their thing and I'll just make sure they show actual work and provide tips on making accurate rifles.
Keep sending in names for gunsmiths I want to have a big selection to chose from.

Just had a fantastic time with one of the gunsmiths we are interviewing for the show.
I had looked over his shop and several of the guns he had made when we went out to see how they shot.
Several of the guns belonged to customers who I had meet throughout the day as they brought in their guns for us to see and listen to their stories of long shots on game from squirrels to bear, All of them toted the Smiths workmanship and knowledge which I will also second as he does do fantastic work. But the proof is in the hunting so we went out looking for coyotes on a friends farm.
We had three down before dark at ranges from 300 yd to 600 yd all were one shot kills, the 300 yd. shot was off hand at a big male quartering away from us.

As we were leaving we ran into another hunter and his pair of Greyhounds. This hunter had two in the truck already and was also heading home when we ran into him. What was really cool was he only had a 22 pistol on him to finish them off after his dogs caught them, yes his dogs caught the coyotes.
I have seen Greyhounds run before, even lost a little money on them, but I never thought of them as hunters. He was kind enough to show us how they hunt the next day, in a section of BLM land, We saw only one coyote and he was about 600 yds and moving away from us at a fast clip when the dogs saw him, Those dogs lit out at 90 mph. and that 600 yd was covered in only a few seconds, that coyote was going full out but he never had a chance the male greyhound had him by the neck and snapped him like a rag doll, as soon as they were sure the coyote was dead they completely ignored it and came back to be petted.
I am still impressed by that hunt so we are going out in the morning to film them hunting and I'll put it in the DVD as a extra.
Well keep the gunsmith names comming in I want to show as many as we can.

Sounds like your having fun! I have a few questions for you. How many gunsmiths are you going to see? I talked to the guy who's name I sent in and he said you asked lots of questions some personal ones as well, he felt a little uncomfortable about talking about his work felt it was bragging. Hope you take that into consideration some people may feel a little self conscious.
Who is this gunsmith?
What does he build? What are you going to have in the DVDs?
If you come here to see my guy let me know, I would like to talk to you, and my wife and I would like to thank you personally for your help getting us info on my son in Iraq. Good luck with the project.

We will be seeing nearly every Gunsmith that filled out a bio. around 30 or so right now. I know the questions are kind of personal in a way but the writers need something to work with on each gunsmith.
This gunsmith builds long range varmiters for the most part. His guns are very accurate but some what eccentric in appearance.
The DVDs will have all 22 episodes pulse extra tips and fixtures,with some of the out takes that would not fit into the hour format.
It was my pleasure to help you out, I really respect your son he is fine young man.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.