"The Best of the West", TV show

I met John Burns briefly in the Selway Bitterroot Wilderness in Idaho in May of 2003 while on a black bear hunt. He was getting set to fly out of the area and we chatted for a few minutes. He told me he was a part of Best of the West. I just received and viewed Beyond Belief yesterday. It was fantastic! Keep up the good work John. Brian Carlson.

[ 08-03-2004: Message edited by: rufous ]

I purchased the "Beyond Belief" video from John and have found it to be very entertaining and informative. It is presented, in my opinion, from a hunting point of view, as opposed to simply paper punching etc. at long ranges. I find John's explanations of his/their points of view on the ethics of long range shooting factual and it also follows my personal thoughts about shots beyond 300-350 yards. I am a newly registered member of this board but have been reading and observing for quite some time and so far I like what I see and read. It's eveidently a forum that has a general membership that understands long range shooting and also I find the the people here seem to be informative, helpful and knowledgeable about the subject. I have seen and dropped several other sites because of lack of knowledge, unethical practices, and in general just plain stupid people that only want to argue or debate every subject that comes up and never offer any helpful information etc. Again, if you have considered the video I recommend it highly and am personally looking forward to John's upcoming series on long range shooting.

hello' just stumbled onto this site while looking for the best of the west's web address...anyways I'm hoping some one could answer a quick question for me, (please let me say I'm not a balistics expert in any way but have been shooting long range since I was a kid..

My question is this, first I bought a new win 7WSM mdl. coyote topped with a leupold vxll 3x9x50, med bull barrel last year and have been having trouble getting it to zero in...with factory loads of course, this year I tried useing this stuff called copper melt, and it helped don't know why..?..but the first three shots are excelent 1/2 inch group at a 100yrds, but as soon as the barrel gets warm it goes back to 3 to 4 inch groups I let the barrel cool down and once again the first three are great, I was told to glass bed the stock any sugestions would be appreciated.....thanks Manny'
shocked.gif

I have gotten away from buying hunting vidios as most of them are so poorly done that I dont finish wathing them the first time.The best the local networks come up with is Buck McNiely and him I can do without.
I did however have funds to use up in my paypal account so Beyond Believe was ordered and glad I did!Great job John and crew,very well produced and narrated!
You can put me down for a copy of your next project.
CJ

Manny.

I moved your post to Bullet, Barrels and Ballistics. It'll get more exposure over there.

MachV

The videos from Best of the West that I've watched are very good and like you I'm impressed with the series.

found the show last week;put it at the top of my list,called my partners with info on times ect.what a down to earth real western type show.don't get me wrong,but i get kind of tired of whitetail in the stand/box.i put the site on my favorites and will try getting the dvds when they are ready.keep up the good work,smells like sagebrush outside.
grin.gif

Tried for two weeks to log on to their website with no luck. I would like to purchase a video. Could some one give me a phone # or some other way to contact the makers of the video??

Thanks,

I was able to log on just now.

I think they have their wesite set up purposefully so that folks from Oklahoma can't get on.
smile.gif

Or you typed .com instead of .net (as I did one time).

Call them at 307-762-3508

This is their busy hunt-filming season so they may not respond right away.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.