To Hoard or Not to Hoard-That is the QUESTION???

Happy Birthday.

Never hurts to have one or 10 more of any item.

As for the video, where to start? That guy is an idiot. A manufacturer does not make a product, paying for supplies and labor, to store it. A manufacturing plant operates on efficiencies and volume, nothing else. Sure they may increase the price some, but they never horde finished goods to "increase their profit".
Unless they are being told to. It would not surprise me one bit for FJB to have told Lake City to keep cranking it out but to not sell it. On the other hand I'll have to disagree a little. If a company can get good deal on raw materials to sell for inflated prices later, they wil do so. Another scenario is building huge stockpiles so that the inventory will be there after layoff start in the new year.

I have been reloading for about 55 years now. I turn 68 years young today!

To Hoard or Not to Hoard-That is the QUESTION???

This has been a big topic for the past YEARS since the 1990s when Progressive Liberals were elected to power. Ever since Clinton and other Liberal Anti Gun politicians got elected, we (Hunters/Shooters) have been on a Yo Yo trying to get reloading components. It effects the public's perception on "Gun Control" and whether to "PURCHASE FIREARMS", "HIDE HOARD" ammo, reloading components, and firearms.

Another consideration is that when there is a Military Conflict in the world the USA gets involved along with Gobal supplies of Lead/Brass/Chemicals to manufacture Powders along with metals and electronic become in short supply. Then prices $$$ go up for reloading components and Ammo along with the supply going down.
There have been more CONS about people "HOARDING AMMO RELOADING COMPONENTS" than the PRO side.

If you have been hunting/shooting/reloading since the 90s you know what has been going on. I do not fault anyone for HOARDING because you don't know when something you need to shoot/hunt/target - your favorite hobby may not be available.

We have collected enough reloading components so that we can comfortably shoot for many years and also help out other shooters.
This time that we live in has to be the most troubling. World Events-Wars, Political Parties - Anti Firearm Laws and trying and succeeding to even take away shipping firearms within this past year?
There are "32" WAR Conflicts going on our world today. That means a lot of bullet components - Lead, Brass, Primers, Powder, Metals. These are all in finite supply.
So as the supply gets less the price goes up. Just think about where you reloading components and Ammo is being made or controlled these days. A lot is made in other Countries. Now USA Firearm Manufactures making (Firearms, Reloading Components) are being bought and controlled by Overseas Countries.

We were recently going to start selling some of our Bullet & Brass inventory off. Now we are probably going to purchase any deals we come across.
So you might start thinking about stocking up on the reloading components or ammo that you use.
No more called a "HOARDER" now called a SMART HUNTER/RELOADER/SHOOTER.
Absolutely agree

Maybe not as we thought???

the person in the video verified the person that gave him information he used worked for the company: So What. Any disgruntled employee can say what he is using without having to provide actual proof and people post it spouting conspiracy. Just because an employee said it, doesn't mean it's true.
Where's the proof? Where's the pictures of the stockpiled ammo or the actual shipping vs. manufacturing numbers?
As was stated by the OP, there are tons of conflicts going on out there and like it or not, US ammo manufacturers make a lot of money supplying the war machine so they will increase production of that ammo over civilian/commercial ammo because its more profitable.

I don't consider stockpiling ammo or components hording. But I will Not Scalp other shooters/hunters but jacking up the prices by double or triple over what I paid just to make a buck.
That my friends is one of the reasons we are paying more now than we were a while ago. No Manufacturer/company is going to watch what they retail price at $50 be sold by people buying up all they can get their hands on and selling it for $75 or $100 to people willing to pay that price. Companies don't stay in business by being dumb, so they raise their prices to what the market is willing to pay, and this cycle will continue until we stop paying the scalpers prices.