Powder scale or e-scale? that is the question

the real time saver is when is when a electronic is used with a dispensor. Id probably still use a beam scale if i wasnt using a dispensor but id hate to have load again without a dispensor scale combo. Im so hooked i bought two so if one is down i have another. To be honest though ive only used the backup once when my transformer on the pact went bad.

I still hand prime everything so not looking to save time reloading.

+5 ON THE RCBS CHARGE MASTER. I love it and my 505 is collecting dust. It's never let me down. I do allow it to warm up if its been off. usually 30 minutes. calibrate and it will through what I tell it tool. Sometimes .1grain off but most of the time on the money. I load for 4 different rifles form 300 ultra to a 243 with no issues. gun)

The ChargeMaster turned it all around for me.
I choose it even over the more accurate Prometheus, because there is more to dispensing powder well -than pure accuracy.

Best application (with most things) often includes more than single attributes.
You can buy very very accurate digital scales, I have, and then find they suck for reloading. Then confidence in them wanes. Then you start talking yourself into and out of things that are merely distracting from the real task at hand.
I believe this is why people go back to beam scales. They are easy to get consistent results with.

Well a ChargeMaster is also easy to get consistent results with, and once there you won't want to go back to separate dispensing/weighing/trickling operations anymore.

I have both and use both.
I throw my powder onto a scale pan, check and dribble to my weight (on a beam scale), every 10th I confirm with a escale

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.