To All My Brothers Marine Corps & Navy Seals- Sempher Fi!

I truly appreciate the fact that there is a no-politics rule on this website. Its a rarity and its very difficult for some to stay within those bounds. My brother was a marine. He died of ALS attributed to Gulf War Syndrome. I was his caretaker for the last year of his life. I would have rather he'd been blown to bits than suffer through ALS. Its a truly terrifying disease. He was a democrat and according to some, he did not support this country and was not a patriot. Its an insult to him and every other serviceman who died for our right to vote for whomever we please. Its our patriotic duty to vote in this country regardless of who we vote for.

I truly appreciate the fact that there is a no-politics rule on this website. Its a rarity and its very difficult for some to stay within those bounds. My brother was a marine. He died of ALS attributed to Gulf War Syndrome. I was his caretaker for the last year of his life. I would have rather he'd been blown to bits than suffer through ALS. Its a truly terrifying disease. He was a democrat and according to some, he did not support this country and was not a patriot. Its an insult to him and every other serviceman who died for our right to vote for whomever we please. Its our patriotic duty to vote in this country regardless of who we vote for.
Sorry for the loss of your brother. We thank him for his service and the high price he paid. Everyone that is here LEGALLY has the right to vote and for ever whom they want. I am a bit surprised that SOME say that your Brother - a MARINE did not support this country and he was not a patriot. If he severed as a Marine he most definitely was a Patriot and was supporting this county by voluntary going into the Marines and going into the Gulf war. I have a deep respect for all who served. Your brother was a HERO in book!
I also have to say that you are a HERO for taking care of your brother. We sometime don't think about the service men-women 's families. They are also serving right along with the person in the service.
Len

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your brother. We thank him for his service and the high price he paid. Everyone that is here LEGALLY has the right to vote and for ever whom they want. I am a bit surprised that you say that your Brother - a MARINE did not support this country and he was not a patriot. If he severed as a Marine he most definitely was a Patriot and was supporting this county by voluntary going into the Marines and going into the Gulf war. I have a deep respect for all who served. Your brother was a HERO in book!
Len
Just for clarity, my exact words were "He was a democrat and according to some, he did not support this country and was not a patriot". I am not part of that "some" and never will be. There are some who say that if you don't vote the way that they do that you do not support this country, you are not a patriot, and some go as far as to say that you are the enemy. You can't say that and believe in democracy much less freedom for that matter. My brother is a hero to me which is why I become irritated when I see people promoting political cancel culture regardless of which side they are on.

Just for clarity, my exact words were "He was a democrat and according to some, he did not support this country and was not a patriot". I am not part of that "some" and never will be. There are some who say that if you don't vote the way that they do that you do not support this country, you are not a patriot, and some go as far as to say that you are the enemy. You can't say that and believe in democracy much less freedom for that matter. My brother is a hero to me which is why I become irritated when I see people promoting political cancel culture regardless of which side they are on.
Jim
Thanks for the follow up and clarifying and the way I interpreted about the SOME. I did edit my post to reflect this. I agree with you 100%. If we didn't have two different political parties we would not have a Democracy. If it was just one Party we would be like a third world country. Sometimes one party will Hate the other party for many of their own reasons.
I try to keep politics and who votes for whom ever to each person is their right as a US Citizen. We are in the most divided times and that is why we need to keep politics out of this forum. There may be jibs & jabs towards both parties, but mostly in a humors way.
Again sorry for the loss of your brother. He is a Hero as well you are too.
Semper Fi!
Len

Len, thanks for sharing this video. I had seen movie…very moving. And Semper Fi….I'll be going to a USMC breakfast this week to celebrate. I served in the Marines, but retired from the Army. The "Tunnel to Tower Foundation" has invited me to be a reader of names of the 7000 + service members that have lost their lives since 9-11. I'll be one of the readers on Veterns Day on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I thought it was really an honor to be asked to do this.

Last edited:
Served in 1st Cav. there at Ft. Hood.
Know Belton and Temple well. Nice area. Used to catch a lot of white bass out of Lake Belton.

Got a nice high wide 8 pt. out by Army air field
too.

Len, thanks for sharing this video. I had seen movie…very moving. And Semper Fi….I'll be going to a USMC breakfast this week to celrebrate. I served in the Marines, but retired from the Army. The "Tunnel to Tower Foundation" has invited me to be a reader of names of the 7000 + service members that have lost their lives since 9-11. I'll be one of the readers on Veterns Day on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I thought it was really an honor to be asked to do this.
Awesome! It is a real honor to be at the "Tunnel of Towers" a great organization. Thank you for your service and you are still a MARINE! If you can get a video of the reading please share with all of us.
Well November 10th is the Marine Corps Birthday 245 Years and then November 11th is Veterans Day. I as well as many of us have lost family members since WWII and up to now that we may have known. Don't think any of us are old enough to back the WWI.
Jill and I have family members that have served, fought, and died in this Country since the Revolutionary War, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War.
Say Happy Birthday to a MARINE on the 10th. On the 11th please thank any vet that you see. If you are in a store/restaurant/coffee shop/bar buy the a drink or pay for their meal or on the street just say THANKS!
Just remember that it is not the Government or any Political Party that has given us this GREAT Country USA. It was and is all the men & women in all the Branches of our Military that give us our FREEDOMS!
Len & Jill
SEMPHER FI!
Stars & Stripes All the Way!