Time for the next step. The scope?

Is 400yds enough or should I keep taking it on out? Are you saying to get the scope that I want to put on it first, then gather the data, then send in the data for the turret? do they put wind correction on turret? Brad

P.S. If the G7 range finder will do all it's claimed to do accuratly then alltitude and weather diffrences should make no diffrence.

Last edited:
Is 400yds enough or should I keep taking it on out? Are you saying to get the scope that I want to put on it first, then gather the data, then send in the data for the turret? do they put wind correction on turret? Brad

P.S. If the G7 range finder will do all it's claimed to do accuratly then alltitude and weather diffrences should make no diffrence.

Yes you need the scope you are going to use, and yes to the G7! But the G7 is new gismo in the world of shooting. It seemed to work well for them on a shot at a bull elk at 1070yds. It's suppose to be a good LRF. That way you wouldn't wouldn't really need a custom turret. You would need a drop chart either on paper, ipod, or PDA. IF you chose to use PDA, ipod, or paper... you still need to verify your drops. Then you program that base info into the G7 from what I understand. At that point, then a custom turret really doesn't matter.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.