Tikka T3 Superlite question

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by boo radley, Dec 2, 2010.

1. boo radley

boo radley Member

Greetings,

New to the forum and looking forward to participating. I recently picked up a Tikka T3 Superlite in 300 WinMag, and took it to the range. The t3 superlite is just like a t3 lite, except it has a fluted stainless steel barrel.

First 3-round group at 100 yds=1 inch. Not too bad, not great. Then the groups started opening up to about 3". Not good. After trying 2 other factory loads (Winchester and Federal) with the same results I figured something was amiss and called it a day.

Rings and base (DNZ) were still torqued to spec, but I discovered the front action screw was loose (not even finger tight). Maybe I found the problem!lightbulb Well, one problem at least. Anyone know the torque spec for the action screws?

I'm looking forward to posting a full review on this rifle, as I have not seen one yet (lots of t3 reviews, I haven't seen one for the T3 superlight).

Thanks guys,
    Boo

2. boo radley

boo radley Member

Ok, maybe I'll have better luck with this one...to adjust the trigger weight you access an Allen screw through the magazine well. I had to drop the action from the stock to access it, and found that the Allen screw is loc-tited and there is a larger diameter bolt (chrome or stainless) partially blocking the Allen screw. Any T3 owners run into this?

3. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

Same on the t-3. I have three of them.

4. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

Just back the allen screw out until it hits the larger bolt. Should end up about 1.5 lb.

Stu.

5. boo radley

boo radley Member

Thanks guys. Any need to use loc-tite?

6. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

Kiwi, that is what I did with mine and they are crisp and clean about 1 1/2-2 pounds. Excellent triggers on the sakos. Yes on loctite. Recoil can do amazing things.