Tikka 300 wsm help

areyoujelen

I have a hunting trip to New Zealand coming up. I just recently bought a tikka t3 lite in 300 wsm for the trip, and a future build I have been wanting to do for a while. I topped it with the nightforce nxs from gunwerks with the g7 reticle. Pretty much my dream set up minus a proof barrel, and a new stock. I hit a wall shooting the other day. Horrible groups out of multiple brands and weights of ammo. Then I had one lock up in the gun due to head spacing issues (never heard of or seen this from a tikka before). So I called tikka and I shipped the gun back to be fixed. They couldn't promise it would make it back in time, so I decided to order another, and sell one in my shop. The new one came in today and I was excited, until I started shooting. It would hold groups, but every time I adjusted the scope it seemed to go haywire. I would fire a few shots, and it would start grouping. I could adjust for .50 moa and it might move 2. Just like the first I tried with different Ammo and weights. I shot from a rest, bipod, and a lead sled, all with the same results. Everything on the gun is tight and in level. I have never experienced anything like this, and was curious as to if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I would try a different scope, you might of got a lemon, doubtful but a possibility. Have you tried shooting it without the lead sled?

It would hold groups, but every time I adjusted the scope it seemed to go haywire. I would fire a few shots, and it would start grouping. I could adjust for .50 moa and it might move 2. Just like the first I tried with different Ammo and weights. I shot from a rest, bipod, and a lead sled, all with the same results. Everything on the gun is tight and in level. I have never experienced anything like this, and was curious as to if anyone could point me in the right direction.

why do you think it has anything to do with the rifle and not the scope?

predator I have tried shooting from bags and bipod also. I didn't get around to trying another scope today,but I will give it a try tomorrow. Gray wolf I wasn't dismissing that it might be the scope I was just hoping it wasn't. It just baffled me how speraticly it was shooting. I have had a few lemons for scopes, but nothing like this, if it is the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts