Tikka 300 WSM barrel length

So have you been using the Nomad suppressor and e-brake on other rifles at this time? If so, have you shot with and without the brake?

I have a couple Omega 300 cans and I've taken the "anchor brake" off them and run the flat cap for two reasons. First, a bit less length. Second, in my mind, a brake is the opposite of a suppressor when it comes to noise. I'm putting the suppressor on there to make it quieter. If I wanted to make it louder, I'd go with a brake. Nice thing is that a suppressor will reduce recoil by itself. Maybe not as much as a well designed brake, but it definitely makes it more pleasant as far recoil, noise, and doesn't.

Brake on the end of a suppressor is something that doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe I'm missing out on something I don't realize.

So have you been using the Nomad suppressor and e-brake on other rifles at this time? If so, have you shot with and without the brake?

I have a couple Omega 300 cans and I've taken the "anchor brake" off them and run the flat cap for two reasons. First, a bit less length. Second, in my mind, a brake is the opposite of a suppressor when it comes to noise. I'm putting the suppressor on there to make it quieter. If I wanted to make it louder, I'd go with a brake. Nice thing is that a suppressor will reduce recoil by itself. Maybe not as much as a well designed brake, but it definitely makes it more pleasant as far recoil, noise, and doesn't.

Brake on the end of a suppressor is something that doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe I'm missing out on something I don't realize.
I do not have a suppressor yet, just started the process today, any info if I'm barking up the wrong tree would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the E-brake that Dead air has diffuses the gases and only helps with recoil a small amount, maybe a member will chime in on this and give us a real world perspective.

I do not have a suppressor yet, just started the process today, any info if I'm barking up the wrong tree would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the E-brake that Dead air has diffuses the gases and only helps with recoil a small amount, maybe a member will chime in on this and give us a real world perspective.
Congrats on starting the process. The process is a bit of a pain and waiting for the first one is the hardest part haha but it's worth it IMO. I have a couple new ones I'm waiting on currently as well.

My two sons and I have exclusively used suppressed rifles for all our big game hunting the past 5 or so years and it's been great. Especially great for kids as it reduces recoil, noise, and blast...all the things can develop a flinch. You'll still want ear protection for non-hunting shooting, but it's awesome to be able to whisper to your kid in a normal whisper in a hunting situation without trying to talk over ear plugs etc.

Well I think the end-of-suppressor-brakes are a bit gimmicky...very slight recoil reduction at the cost of just a bit more noise and length in my opinion. When you get your suppressor try it with a flat cap and the brake and just go with what you like better.

I'll be honest...I haven't done any back-to-back comparison with flat cap vs anchor brake on my 300 Omegas. I just thought "why do I want something that makes more noise at the end of the thing that makes it more quiet?" So I immediately took them off and went with the flat cap and never looked back. 😁

Congrats on starting the process. The process is a bit of a pain and waiting for the first one is the hardest part haha but it's worth it IMO. I have a couple new ones I'm waiting on currently as well.

My two sons and I have exclusively used suppressed rifles for all our big game hunting the past 5 or so years and it's been great. Especially great for kids as it reduces recoil, noise, and blast...all the things can develop a flinch. You'll still want ear protection for non-hunting shooting, but it's awesome to be able to whisper to your kid in a normal whisper in a hunting situation without trying to talk over ear plugs etc.

Well I think the end-of-suppressor-brakes are a bit gimmicky...very slight recoil reduction at the cost of just a bit more noise and length in my opinion. When you get your suppressor try it with a flat cap and the brake and just go with what you like better.

I'll be honest...I haven't done any back-to-back comparison with flat cap vs anchor brake on my 300 Omegas. I just thought "why do I want something that makes more noise at the end of the thing that makes it more quiet?" So I immediately took them off and went with the flat cap and never looked back. 😁
Thank you for all of this, have you used the omega on any magnums or long actions?

Thank you for all of this, have you used the omega on any magnums or long actions?
I've used it on 300WSM (26 and 23" barrels), 6.8 Western (20" barrel), 6.5 Creedmoor (22" barrel), 6.5 Grendel, .223/5.56 and .20 Practical (16-20" barrels).

It's the only centerfire rifle can I own so I haven't compared it with other cans but I like that it's modular and compact. I direct thread with a 5/8x24 mount and .30 cal front cap on one, and a 1/2x28 mount and a .223 sized end cap on the other.

I really like the specs on the new SiCo Sycthe Ti as it's a few ounces lighter than the Omega 300. Might need to pick one up someday. Seems to compare well with your future Normad Ti.

DA Nomad e-brake, actually helps reduce recoil slightly & reduces noise level.
IMG_6009.png

YMMV.